Mike Tyson calls TV network ‘slave masters’ – RT Sport News


Mike Tyson has blasted US streaming service Hulu for making a biographical series about his life, but without his approval and offering him compensation.

In an Instagram post over the weekend, Tyson made it clear he doesn’t support the series, called “Mike,” and said Hulu “is the streaming version of the slave master.”

“They stole my story and didn’t pay me” he further asserted.

On Twitter, the Brooklynite also dubbed “the baddest man on the planet” said this Hulu “has stolen” his history.

“They’re Goliath and I’m David. Heads will roll for that,” he promised.

On the same social media network, Tyson also thanked UFC President Dana White for not selling him and received support from Nate Diaz.

“Hulu desperately tried to pay my brother [Dana White] millions without offering me a dollar to promote their slave master to appropriate my life story”, Tyson tweeted.

“He declined because he honors friendship and treats people with dignity. I will never forget what he did for me, just like I will never forget what Hulu stole from me.”

Bolstering his charges against Hulu, which is majority owned by the Walt Disney Company and known for the multi-award winning series Handmaid’s Tale, Tyson further slammed the streaming service to Entertainment Tonight in an impassioned statement.

“My right to life option expired years ago,” Tyson noted.

“[But] Hulu nor any member of their haughty team has ever attempted to engage in negotiations with this black man. In their eyes, I’m still just a ****r on the auction block ready to be sold for their profit with no regard for my worth or my family” the 56-year-old raged.

“They say this story is an exploration of a black man. It’s more like an exploitation of a black man.

“Hulu thinks their tracks are covered by hiring black sacrificial lambs to act as ringleaders for their backdoor heist, it’s appalling. [But] I will always remember this blatant disregard for my dignity.” Tyson swore.

READ MORE:
Tyson learns fate after plane attack (VIDEO)

Tyson has opposed Hulu’s production of his life ever since he ordered the limited series in February last year.

In a since-deleted Instagram post, he accused them of “cultural diversion” and told such an unauthorized account of a black man’s life “in the wake of social disparities in our country” represented a “the best example” of his “corporate greed”.

‘Mike’ will star Moonlight actor Trevante Rhodes as Tyson and details “the tumultuous ups and downs of Tyson’s boxing career and personal life – from being a beloved world athlete to an outcast and back again”, Hulu’s official synopsis claims.

Consisting of eight episodes, it will premiere on August 25 and is a “unbiased story” which leaves its audience to “decide what they think or feel” according to showrunner Karin Gist.

“Challenging what people think they know about Mike and hoping they come out of the show with something else to think about,” is apparently Hulu’s main motive when it comes to the series, Gist told Deadline during a review panel last week.

“Love it or hate it, does the story make you wonder how complicit society has been? Gist added.

Meanwhile, however, Tyson is working on his own production about his compelling life story which will star Hollywood A-list superstar Jamie Foxx and be directed by Training Day author Antoine Fuqua.

You can share this story on social media:




RT

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button