Migrants in boats continue to cross the Channel illegally

Foreign migrants continue to cross the English Channel illegally in small boats, with more than 300 arriving in Britain on Sunday.

Despite outlandish attempts by the UK government to stem the tide of arrivals, illegal migrants continue to cross the English Channel in small boats in the hope of reaching Britain, with more than 300 making the perilous journey on Sunday alone .

While British authorities have threatened new arrivals with a one-way ticket to Rwanda if they come to Britain, this does not appear to have stemmed the number of arrivals, although Sunday’s number has not yet been confirmed by the UK Foreign Office. La Défense, now in charge of crisis management.

According to a report by The temperaturenearly 8,000 people have arrived in Britain after setting out into the English Channel on small boats this year, a number representing a nearly increase in the figure who made the journey by this time last year.

The publication also notes that many of yesterday’s arrivals had to be rescued from rough seas by UK Border Force, as well as boating safety NGO, the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.

Many of the new arrivals are said to have been taken to MOD Manston, a former Royal Air Force base which, as well as being converted into an international airport, has also been repurposed to process asylum seekers.

Speaking on the arrivals of migrant boats, Minister for Illegal Migration Tom Pursglove expressed frustration at the growing number of people making the dangerous Channel crossing in small boats.

“Not only are they a clear abuse of our immigration laws, but they also impact the UK taxpayer, put lives at risk and our ability to help refugees come to the UK through safe and secure channels. legal,” the Conservative Party official said. “Rightly enough, the British public has had enough.

However, while Pursglove goes on to promise that new measures – including the government’s plan to export illegal migrants to Rwanda – will help remedy the situation, recent developments surrounding the migrant deterrent program have suggested that its effectiveness could ultimately be limited.

Firstly, documents from the UK Home Office seem to suggest that only 300 illegal migrants could be sent to Rwanda per year, an extremely low number considering the more than 28,000 migrants illegally landed in the country last year, and that up to 100,000 could end up traveling to the island this year.

Additionally, among these migrants, those claiming to be transgender may be allowed to remain in the country despite the Rwandan plan, with an “equality impact statement” from the Interior Ministry concluding that those who wish to change gender may face discrimination contrary to human rights. in the African country.

“We would undertake a risk assessment on a case-by-case basis when determining eligibility for resettlement,” the equality document states regarding people who claim to be transgender.

“No one will be moved if it is dangerous or inappropriate,” he continues, confirming.

Follow Peter Caddle on Twitter: @Peter_Caddle
Follow Breitbart London on Facebook: Breitbart London




Breitbart

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button