National NewsUSA News

Michigan Kindergartner shares a tequila cocktail with classmates

Parents in the town of Livonia, Michigan are furious after learning that a kindergartener brought an alcoholic drink to school and shared it with four classmates, according to reports.

The incident happened Thursday at Grand River Academy in Livonia, about 20 miles west of Detroit, WDIV-TV reported. The student brought to school “a single-serve premixed alcoholic beverage marketed as adult lemonade.” [sic] with four classmates,” a school spokesperson said in a statement to the outlet.

Fox 2 noted that the drink was a margarita made by Jose Cuervo and that the students understood it to be juice.

Mother Dominique Zanders said her daughter felt “dizzy” and “a bit dizzy” after the incident.

“The girl poured it into her cup and she drank it and the girl ended up telling her what it was, and she went and told the teacher there was alcohol in that cup, and the teacher gave him a funny face,” Zanders told Fox. 2.

Another mother, Alexis Smith, said her daughter was given a dixie cup of the booze and took about four to five sips of the drink, according to the outlet. The school called Smith that morning to report the incident.

“I asked her, like, ‘Is my daughter okay?'” Smith told WDIV-TV. “The teacher said, ‘She’s right there, and she looks fine,’ and then I said, ‘OK, well, how much did she drink?'”

The school was unable to provide a clear answer to the question and she picked up her daughter early, the outlet said.

“My daughter is on medication,” Smith said. “First of all, no child should drink, and you know, just the shock itself, it burns. How do you feel? Like, anything could have happened.

Following the incident, the school called the poison control center, which instructed staff to give the children water and crackers, according to Fox 2.

“While we try to keep tabs on everything our students bring to school, that is simply not possible,” the school said in part in its statement to WDIV-TV. “It’s unfortunate that these types of adult drinks can be easily confused with kid-friendly drinks.”

School officials also sent a letter to the parents of the children in the classroom, informing them of the incident that occurred earlier in the day. WDIV-TV obtained a copy of the letter, which said officials would take disciplinary action in accordance with the school’s code of conduct.

Smith said the child’s parents should be held responsible for the incident, according to Fox 2.

“If your child knows what it is, there’s nothing wrong with it, but they should know not to touch it,” she said. “That it’s not for children.

On Friday, Breitbart News reported on an unrelated incident in Virginia, in which three babies were taken to hospital after being exposed to THC in goldfish crackers at daycare, authorities said.


Breitbart

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button