USA News

Michigan kindergarten students at Grand River Academy drink alcohol at school and feel dizzy


Several kindergartners felt crazy after sipping ready-to-drink Jose Cuervo margaritas that a young girl brought to her school in Michigan and shared with her classmates.

Students drank the Dixie Cups cocktails during tea time at Grand River Academy in Livonia on Friday, according to Fox 2 Detroit.

The mothers of Alexis Smith and another mum, Dominique Zanders, were outraged when they learned that their daughters had each taken several sips of the drink.

“She felt lightheaded, kinda lightheaded,” Zanders said of her daughter.

“The girl poured it into her cup and she drank it and the girl ended up telling her what it was, and she went and told the teacher there was alcohol in that cup, and the teacher gave him a funny face,” Zanders said.

The girl reportedly brought the drink to school in her backpack.

Kindergarten students at Grand River Academy have complained of feeling crazy after a girl shared alcohol with her classmates.
Local 4 News

Smith said her daughter took four or five sips of the drink and told her that her classmate who brought the drink knew it was alcohol.

The school said the student could be disciplined if necessary. Parents were notified immediately after the incident.

“While we try to keep tabs on everything our students bring to school, this is simply not possible,” the school said in a statement addressing alcohol use in the classroom.

A parent said her daughter took four or five sips of the drink and told her the classmate who brought the drink knew it was alcohol.
A parent said her daughter took four or five sips of the drink and told her the classmate who brought the drink knew it was alcohol.
Local 4 News

“It’s unfortunate that these types of adult drinks can be easily confused with kid-friendly drinks,” the school said.

While some parents blamed the school, others blamed the parents of the girl who brought the margarita mix to school for the incident.

“If your child knows what it is, there’s nothing wrong with it — but they should know not to touch it,” Smith said. “That it’s not for children.

New York Post

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button