Skip to content
Miami Police offer $ 130,000 to search for suspected shooters who left 2 dead and 21 injured

Authorities are offering $ 130,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of suspects in a mass shooting in Miami that left at least two dead and more than 20 injured early Sunday.

“This is unacceptable,” Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said on Monday as the nation celebrated Memorial Day. “We should remember those who are lost, who have served our country, and instead here we are, once again, to a terrible tragedy.”

“We will do everything,” she added, “whatever we can and will use all available resources to bring these people to justice. We will spare no effort. We will leave nothing behind to bring these shooters to justice. . “

Early Sunday, three people got out of an SUV and “started shooting indiscriminately at the crowd” standing outside a “planned event” at an establishment on 186th Street in the Hialeah neighborhood of west Miami Gardens, Miami-Dade police said in a statement.

The venue was a banquet hall that had been rented for a concert, NBC Miami reported.

Three people are seen exiting a vehicle ahead of a Miami shooting that left two dead and more than 20 injured on May 30, 2021.Via MDPD

New surveillance video released by authorities on Monday shows three people, who appear to be carrying guns, getting out of a white SUV and out of frame. People can be seen running towards the vehicle shortly after before leaving.

Authorities are offering a reward of $ 30,000 for information leading to the arrest of the suspects, with an additional $ 100,000 for their conviction. The $ 100,000 was donated by businessman and TV personality Marcus Lemonis, who has a reality show on CNBC.

Download the NBC News app for the latest news and politics

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue found two dead and transported eight more to hospitals, police said. At least 12 other victims have made their way to hospitals on their own. Three of those hospitalized were in critical condition.

The identities of those shot, who authorities said were between 17 and 32 years old, were not immediately disclosed.

Angelica Green said her 24-year-old son called in the middle of the night to tell him he was going to the hospital.

“He called us a frenzy, telling us that he got shot, that it hurts, it hurts and that he loves us and wants us to know that,” Green told NBC Miami. “My husband said to me, ‘No, stay with us, stay with us.’ We get in the car and talk to him to keep him alert. “

Green told the Miami Herald that her son had undergone surgery and was in stable condition.

Miami-Dade Police Director Alfredo “Freddy” Ramirez III called the incident “another targeted and cowardly act of gun violence” on Twitter.

It was the second major shootout in the Miami area in as many days. One person has died after seven people were shot on Friday night, NBC Miami reported.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis called for a “swift and stern” response to shooters in a tweet Sunday.

“We mourn the loss of the two victims and pray for the recovery of the more than 20 people injured at the El Mula banquet hall near Hialeah,” he said. “We are working with local authorities to bring justice to the perpetrators.”

There have been at least 200 mass shootings across the country in the first 132 days of this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive, a non-partisan research group.

Yulia Talmazan and Austin mullen contributed.





Source link