A massive fire broke out at a hotel in Mussoorie, a popular tourist destination in Uttarakhand, due to a short circuit, officials said on Sunday. The visuals showed the Sidus Rink Hotel, located on Camel Back Road, engulfed in fire in the picturesque hill station.
The fire has been raging since yesterday evening in the hotel, closed due to ongoing renovation work.
The incident occurred due to a short circuit, authorities said.
Informed, several fire trucks rushed to the scene. According to the latest update, authorities needed a few more hours to put out the fire.
Shankar Singh Bisht, in-charge of Mussoorie police station, said two vehicles were burnt to ashes in the fire.
“Renovation work is underway at this hotel located on Camel Back Road, which has left the hotel empty. There has been no loss of life. Firefighters are trying to bring the fire under control,” Mr. Bisht to news agency ANI.