Mariupol officials reject Russia’s surrender ultimatum

Ukraine’s armed forces said on Sunday that as Russia continues to prepare reinforcements for an offensive in the east, its troops face supply problems.

In a statement posted on Facebook, the Armed Forces of Ukraine claimed that “the Russian army constantly complains about the lack of rotation, constantly breaking down equipment, the quality of food and fuel provided”.

Ukraine reported relatively little fighting overnight, but said Russia was continuing to launch airstrikes on Mariupol, where Ukrainian units surrounded at a steel mill are still putting up resistance.

The armed forces also claimed that in the areas under Russian occupation “looting and violence by the Russian army against the civilian population continues. These actions are encouraged by their military command”.

Ukraine’s Joint Forces Operation, which is responsible for military action in the east, said 10 attacks by Russian troops were repelled on Saturday and 15 Russian tanks and other equipment were destroyed.

Some Russian shelling continued overnight, according to regional authorities.

Serhii Haidai, head of the Luhansk regional military administration, said four high-rise buildings in the city of Severodonetsk were hit and caught fire. He did not provide any details of the casualties.

Haidai previously estimated that 70% of the city is already destroyed.

“There is almost nothing to destroy there. The enemy has destroyed most of the accommodation in the past six weeks,” Haidai said.

Haidai also said one person was injured in the shelling of the nearby town of Kreminna.


cnn

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button