The UEFA Champions League is back in action with a series of intriguing semi-finals this week as European giants Real Madrid and Manchester City lock horns at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday.
Manchester City v Real Madrid preview
Manchester City are currently top of the Premier League table and have thrived under Pep Guardiola so far this season. Cityzens beat Watford by a comfortable 5-1 margin in their previous fixture and will look just as ruthless against Europe’s most successful side this week.
Real Madrid are also top of their table at the moment and have seen steady progress under Carlo Ancelotti this year. Los Blancos overtook Osasuna with a comfortable 3-1 win at the weekend and will be confident heading into this game.
Head to head Manchester City vs Real Madrid and key figures
- Real Madrid have quite an impressive overall record against Manchester City and have won five of the eight matches played between the two teams, against Manchester City’s three victories.
- Manchester City have an unblemished recent record against Los Blancos and won both legs of their previous UEFA Champions League clash in 2020 by an aggregate margin of 4-2.
- Real Madrid are winless in their last three games against Manchester City in the UEFA Champions League and will need to be at their best in this game.
- Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has already knocked Real Madrid out of the UEFA Champions League round of 16 twice and could become the first manager in the competition’s history to achieve the feat on three occasions.
- Real Madrid have a poor recent record against English sides in the UEFA Champions League and have won just one of their last six games against Premier League sides.
- Pep Guardiola has an impressive record against Carlo Ancelotti and has won four of the six games that have involved the two managers.
Prediction Manchester City vs Real Madrid
Manchester City have flattered to cheat in the UEFA Champions League for nearly a decade and will need to work out their tactics this week. The hosts have been virtually unstoppable on the home front and will need to replicate their form on the European stage.
Real Madrid have dominated La Liga this season and will need to work hard to get the upper hand against one of Europe’s top sides. Manchester City have the home advantage this week and hold a slight advantage in this game.
Prediction: Manchester City 2-1 Real Madrid
Manchester City vs Real Madrid Predictions
Tip 1: Result – Manchester City
Tip 2: Game to have more than 2.5 goals – Yes
Tip 3: Real Madrid will score first – Yes
Tip 4: Karim Benzema scores – Yes