The Premier League is back in action with another round of fixtures this weekend as Liverpool take on Manchester City on Sunday. Both teams have excellent players in their ranks and could potentially make significant progress in the title race this weekend.
Manchester City vs Liverpool Preview
Manchester City top the Premier League table and have enjoyed another impressive campaign this season. The Cityzens beat Atletico Madrid with a 1-0 win in their previous fixture and will be looking to step it up a notch this weekend.
Liverpool, on the other hand, are currently second in the table and have moved up after a mid-season slump. The Merseyside giants have overtaken Benfica by a 3-1 margin this week and will be confident heading into this game.
Head to head Manchester City vs Liverpool and key figures
- Liverpool have an impressive record against Manchester City and have won 105 of the 218 matches played between the two sides, compared to Manchester City’s 55 wins.
- Manchester City have an impressive recent record against Liverpool and have lost just one of their last 12 games against the Merseyside side at the Etihad Stadium.
- Liverpool are winless in their last four games against Manchester City and could potentially equal their worst run against Cityzens this weekend.
- Liverpool have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 11 Premier League away games against Manchester City and already achieved the feat in 2010.
- A Liverpool win could see Jurgen Klopp’s side finish top of the Premier League table for the first time since October.
- This match represents the 50th meeting between the top two sides in the Premier League table, with the league leaders winning 18 games to second-placed 18 wins.
Prediction Manchester City vs Liverpool
Manchester City have excelled under Pep Guardiola but have shown some flaws in their armor in recent weeks. The Cityzens have been impressive against the Premier League’s top six this season and could potentially deliver a blow in the title race this weekend.
Liverpool have been exceptional since the start of the year and could give Manchester City a hard time this season. The two teams are on an equal footing at the moment and could draw on Sunday.
Prediction: Manchester City 2-2 Liverpool
$1,100 first bet insurance at Caesars
Manchester City vs Liverpool Predictions
Tip 1: Result – Draw
Tip 2: Game to have more than 2.5 goals – Yes
Tip 3: Manchester City will score first – Yes
Tip 4: Kevin De Bruyne will score – Yes