Skip to content
Luton 1 – 1 Millwall

George Evans scored an equalizer in injury time to earn Millwall a 1-1 draw at Luton and extend his undefeated league game to nine games.

With seconds to go, the midfielder appeared to beat Simon Sluga closely and score his first goal for the club since arriving from Derby in the transfer window.

The hosts made five changes on their side after a disappointing loss to Stoke on Saturday, but started quickly, with Ryan Tunnicliffe shooting 20 yards wide.

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall’s free kick just outside the box was blocked by the Lions wall, with the ambitious 30-yard follow-up from Joe Morrell saved by goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski.

Millwall celebrates late equalizer at Luton

With 25 minutes remaining, the Lions should have taken the lead when local skipper Sonny Bradley gave the ball away and Tom Bradshaw went net on Sluga, but his touch was heavy and the town stopper was out of line. to save.

Just before the half hour, Luton had a decent chance when Morrell’s cross was shirtless and stolen on target by Jordan Clark, with Bialkowski collecting low.

The Lions then had their best period of pressure, with Jed Wallace’s cross taken over by Bradshaw who caught up with Ben Thompson, the wildly edged midfielder.

Thompson then missed another attempt moments later, trailing behind as neither side could take the lead in the first half.

After the break Luton was the first to show, with a good pass from defense to attack as Tom Ince cracked an effort which was returned over the bar by Bialkowski.

The corner was not properly cleared, coming out to Tunnicliffe, who handed a good ball to Elijah Adebayo as he took a throw-in and then managed to turn his effort past Bialkowski.

Adebayo could have gone 2-0 moments later, selected by a wonderful wing play from Clark, to head for the back post.

Kal Naismith hammered a hopeful volley into the stands from afar, but Millwall came in strong in the later stages.

Scott Malone’s cross nearly caught up with Sluga, with the keeper swinging over his own bar and behind.

The Croatian then stood up perfectly to prevent Mason Bennett’s point blank shot, and tilted Wallace’s free kick, before Mahlon Romeo broke down after a rare set piece.

Matt Smith snagged a volley at the back post after a deep cross, but there was to be even drama later, with Evans stealing for a point.

Source link