LL Cool J has revealed he is a Leeds United fan, posting a video showing the club sent him replica shirts with his name on them.
The Any Given Sunday star showed off his new shirts as well as a card signed by Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani which read: “Welcome to the team! We are happy and proud that you have joined us on this wonderful journey. with Leeds United, a club with a lot of history and a huge ambition to succeed in the Premier League and beyond. “
Radrizzani added on Twitter: “See you soon at Elland Road.”
The 53-year-old American has not disclosed why he decided to back Leeds, but has joined with Russell Crowe, Mel B and Sir Nick Faldo in attaching their names to the Premier League club.
This isn’t Hollywood’s only connection to English football. Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson supports Macclesfield Town after being assigned to the Soccer AM squad in 2008, while NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal is a fan of Northampton Town.
Meanwhile, stars Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds officially completed their takeover of Wrexham last month after taking 100% control of the National League club from the Wrexham Supporters Trust (WST).
Reynolds and Elhenney have invested £ 2million in the club under the deal.
West Ham vs Leeds on Sky: Hammers facing goalkeeper crisis?
Team news, stats and predictions before West Ham vs Leeds in Premier League on Monday Night Football, live on Sky Sports …
Western ham have injury concerns on their two goalkeepers, with Lukasz Fabianski yet to train due to an arm injury and Darren Randolph suffering from a hip problem.
Angelo Ogbonna, Andriy Yarmolenko and Arthur Masuaku are still injured.
Leeds Head coach Marcelo Bielsa hopes some of his injured players can prove their fitness in time. Kalvin Phillips (calf), Rodrigo, Jamie Shackleton (both groin) and Ian Poveda (ankle) have all been sidelined in recent weeks.
Pascal Struijk is the last injury doubt following his withdrawal in last week’s home loss to Aston Villa. Robin Koch is returning from knee surgery and Gaetano Berardi has recently returned to training after a serious knee injury.
How to follow
West Ham vs Leeds is a game Sky Sports customers can watch clips of the game in the live match blog on the Sky Sports website and app. Highlights will also be published on the Sky Sports digital platforms and Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle.
Jones knows prediction
Although West Ham has given me a huge headache this season in terms of predicting their Premier League trajectory, they have provided me with some personal betting highlights for the season. Declan Rice scored the first goal against Sheffield United at 33/1 was memorable, as Angelo Ogbonna netted a header in the reverse game between these two teams. So if it ain’t broke, why fix it?
The stopped coins could be where this game will be won.
Leeds have conceded 10 headed goals this season – more than any other club.
And while West Ham doesn’t move with the times in terms of style (who says you have to move with the weather anyway?) David Moyes has a down-to-earth, physically fit team that has scored more heads than any other team. this season.
This area of weakness with Leeds is likely to be exploited by West Ham, who have become one of the most dangerous set-pieces teams under Moyes. Craig Dawson usually throws his carcass in the direction of a delivery. He’s scored three times since the start of the year – another could be due here.
JONES KNOWS THE FORECAST: 2-1
BETTING ANGLE: Craig Dawson to score a header (11/2 with Sky Bet)
- West Ham are looking to complete their first league brace against Leeds since 1953-54 in second place, as they last beat them in both top-level fixtures in one season in 1929-30.
- Leeds have lost only one of their 10 Premier League away games against West Ham (W6 D3), losing 0-3 in March 1998. This is their first such visit since a victory 4-3 in November 2002.
- This will be the 100th different league meeting between West Ham and Leeds. Whites will be the 13th different team West Ham have faced more than 100 times in the soccer league, with the Hammers having only a lower win rate against Liverpool (19.8%) and Arsenal (23.2%) than against Leeds (25.3%). Meanwhile, of the seven opponents Leeds will have faced more than 100 times (including West Ham), their highest win rate is against the Hammers (47%).
- West Ham United are looking to win three consecutive Premier League games at home for the first time since March 2019, while manager David Moyes has not won three in a row at home since winning his last six games. as Everton coach in 2013.
- Leeds have lost 12 of their last 13 games in London in all competitions (D1), losing all four in the capital in the Premier League this season. Leeds are one of three top teams to have earned a point in London this quarter, along with Sheffield United and West Bromwich Albion.
- None of Leeds United’s last 17 league games have ended in a draw (W8 L9), their longest streak since December 2008 (also 17th in a row). They last had a longer race ending in November 2006, when they turned 18 without a draw.
- Among the teams he has faced at least five times in his league managerial career, David Moyes has not recorded a higher win rate against any team than against Leeds (80%, 4 wins in 5 games) . This is his first home league game against the Whites since September 2003, a 4-0 victory for Everton with Steve Watson scoring a hat-trick.
- Stuart Dallas has not yet finished on the winning side for Leeds United in London in 23 attempts in all competitions (D6 L17). The last time Dallas ended on the winning side in London was in May 2015 – a home game for Brentford against Wigan in the league.
- Michail Antonio has been directly involved in 19 goals in his last 22 Premier League starts for West Ham (15 goals, 4 assists), although he has never scored in eight league appearances against Leeds, the game on most common with which he faced a team without scoring. with wolves.
- Leeds United winger Raphinha has been directly involved in eight goals in nine away starts in the Premier League (3 goals, 5 assists). The only Leeds player involved in more than eight goals in his first 10 away Premier League starts was Michael Bridges in 1999-00 (8 goals, 1 assist).