Team news and statistics ahead of Dinamo Zagreb against West Ham in the Europa League group stage on Thursday; kick off at 5.45 p.m.
Western ham summer signings Alphonse Areola, Kurt Zouma and Alex Kral could make their debuts for the Zagreb club.
Club captain Mark Noble, Ryan Fredericks, Issa Diop, Manuel Lanzini and Andriy Yarmolenko could all have minutes under their belt in Croatia.
Defenseman Arthur Masuaku (knee) remains the Hammers’ only injury issue.
Dynamo Zagreb will be without goalkeeper Dominik Livakovic, which means Danijel Zagorac should replace him. Forward Mario Gavranovic and defender Dino Peric are also absent, but captain Arijan Ademi is back.
How to follow
Follow Dinamo Zagreb vs West Ham with our dedicated live blog through Sky Sports’ digital platforms.
- Dinamo Zagreb and West Ham United have never faced each other in European competition before. Zagreb have faced England opponents 17 times in Europe (including the qualifiers) and lost 11 of those games (W3 D3), although they beat Tottenham 3-0 in their last game against the English opposition in Europa League last season.
- West Ham have faced only one Croatian opponent before, winning 6-1 overall against NK Osijek in the UEFA Cup first round in September 1999.
- Dinamo Zagreb are unbeaten in their last 13 UEFA Europa League group stage games (V9, N4), winning their last four straight and conceding only once in their last eight.
- West Ham have not appeared in a major UEFA European competition (non-qualifying) since the 2006-07 UEFA Cup (losing 4-0 overall to Palermo in the first round) and have not won any of their last four matches, all in the UEFA Cup between 1999 and 2006, without scoring in all four. The last team they scored against were Croatian opponents NK Osijek, winning 3-1 with goals from Paul Kitson, Neil Ruddock and Marc-Vivien Foe in 1999.
- West Ham coach David Moyes has not played in European competition since 2013-14 as Manchester United coach, leading them to the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League before losing to the Bayern Munich. In the UEFA Europa League, their last game was in February 2010 with Everton, losing 3-0 to Sporting Lisbon in the last 32 second leg, exiting 4-2 on aggregate.
When are the matches of the group stage of the Europa League?
Day 1: September 16, 2021
Day 2: September 30, 2021
Day 3: 21 October 2021
Day 4: November 4, 2021
Day 5: 25 November 2021
6th day: December 9, 2021
All the key dates of the Europa League
round of 16: March 10 & 17, 2022
Quarter-finals: April 7 & 14, 2022
Semi-finals: April 28 and May 5, 2022
Final: May 18, 2022 (Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium, Seville)