Team news, stats and predictions ahead of Crystal Palace vs Man Utd in the Premier League on Wednesday (kick off at 8:15 p.m.).
Jeffrey Schlupp and Connor Wickham will return to boost Crystal palace when they host Manchester United in the Premier League on Wednesday.
The duo are back in shape after hamstring and thigh injuries respectively, but manager Roy Hodgson will be without full-backs Nathaniel Clyne and Tyrick Mitchell due to hits.
Nathan Ferguson (knee) and Wilfried Zaha (hamstrings) are closing in on returns, while James Tomkins (eye), Mamadou Sakho (thigh) and James McArthur (muscle) are not expected to be back until April at the earliest.
Edinson Cavani could return for Manchester United at Selhurst Park.
The 34-year-old striker has missed four games due to a muscle complaint, but boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expects him to travel to south London.
Paul Pogba remains out with a thigh injury, with other midfielders Juan Mata and Hannibal Mejbri also sidelined. Defender Phil Jones remains out with a long-standing knee problem.
How to follow
Crystal Palace vs Manchester United is live on Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Main Event from 20h; Kick-off at 8:15 p.m. Sky Sports customers can watch clips of the game in the live match blog on the Sky Sports website and app. Highlights will also be posted on the Sky Sports digital platforms and Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle.
Jones knows prediction
Manchester United remain unbeaten with a club record of 20 away league appearances since losing to Chelsea over a year ago. Brighton, Burnley, Everton, Fulham, Newcastle, Sheffield United, Southampton and West Ham have been sidelined by United this season on the road – and Palace is unlikely to have the courage to attack to give them too much trouble. I am happy to play the victory away.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must have enormous confidence in Mason Greenwood. Despite having scored just one Premier League goal in 1,098 minutes of action this season, he had the opportunity to lead the line in an important game at Chelsea. That faith will surely pay off in the long run, starting with Selhurst Park, where the youngster looks like a good bet to be on the 2/1 scoresheet with Sky Bet if he plays the same central role as Chelsea.
The 19-year-old remains a frightening talent, whose finishing ability mirrors that of former United favorite Robin van Persie. There were positive signs at Stamford Bridge that a glut of goals might just be around the corner. Against this stingy defense, Greenwood launched a formidable strike a few inches after the post in the second half after joining Bruno Fernandes. You have the feeling that Crystal Palace will be more accommodating in allocating space for the striker to play and that the 2/1 for him to score seems too expensive to me, as he wants to go back to a goal ratio that was 0, 69 per game last season.
JONES KNOWS PREDICTS: 0-2
BETTING ANGLE: Mason Greenwood scores anytime (2/1 with Sky Bet)
Last time …
- Crystal Palace have won two of their last three league games with Manchester United (L1), as many as they had in their last 27 games against them. The Eagles are looking to complete their first-ever league brace against the Red Devils.
- Manchester United have never lost in 11 Premier League away games against Crystal Palace, the most that a team has played to the other without ever losing in the competition (W8 D3).
- Manchester United have won nine of their last 11 Premier League games in midweek (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), winning all six away games of this round.
- Only four clubs in England’s top-flight history have had a longer away run than Manchester United’s current round of 20 (W13 D7). The Red Devils have not lost any of their last seven league games in London (W4 D3), the last having had a longer unbeaten run in the capital between December 2011 and December 2013 (13 games).
- Manchester United have drawn five Premier League games without a goal this season – the only seasons they’ve had more are 2004-05 and 2016-17 (six in each).
- Crystal Palace have managed just six shots in their last two Premier League games, having three each in games against Brighton and Fulham. Palace have only had three shots in four games this season, with the latest team to do so more often in a Premier League season being Swansea City in 2017-18 (five games).
- 21 of Crystal Palace’s conceded goals this season have come in the first 15 minutes (9) or the last 15 minutes (12) of action, more than any other team in the competition. Indeed, that represents almost half of the total of 43 goals conceded by the Eagles this quarter.
- Wilfried Zaha scored twice against former club Manchester United in Crystal Palace’s 3-1 win at Old Trafford in the reverse game. No former Man Utd player has ever scored at home and away against the Red Devils in the same Premier League season.
- Donny van de Beek scored just 13 minutes off the bench on his Manchester United debut in the reverse fixture against Crystal Palace this season. Since then (including the last 10 minutes of that game), the Dutchman has gone scoreless in 1,045 minutes of action in all competitions for the Red Devils.
- Manchester United’s Bruno Fernandes has so far 40 goals scored in his 40 Premier League appearances (23 goals, 17 assists). However, three of the last four games in which the Portuguese failed to score a goal or participate have been in London (against Chelsea, Arsenal and Fulham).