Lille are set to face Lens at Stade Pierre-Mauroy on Saturday for their next Ligue 1 game.
Lille come into this game after a 1-1 draw against Gérald Baticle’s Angers in the league. An own goal from Portuguese central defender Tiago Djalo for Angers was canceled out by a goal from Kosovo international Edon Zhegrova for Lille.
Lens, on the other hand, recently beat Nice 3-0 to nine. A second-half brace from young forward Arnaud Kalimuendo and a goal from Mali midfielder Cheick Doucoure sealed the deal for Franck Haise’s Lens, who sent off left-back Massadio Haidara in the first half. Nice saw Gabonese midfielder Mario Lemina and veteran Brazilian centre-back Dante sent off in the second half.
Head to head Lille vs Lens and key figures
- In 12 duels between the two teams, Lille holds the clear advantage. They have won eight games.
- Lens won two games while the other two ended in draws.
- Canada international Jonathan David has scored 13 league goals this season, while Portugal midfielder Renato Sanches has registered five league assists for Lille.
- Veteran Turkish striker Burak Yilmaz scored 16 league goals last season but has only managed four so far. The 36-year-old has also registered three assists for Lille.
- For Lens, Paris Saint-Germain loanee Arnaud Kalimuendo has scored nine league goals. Right-back Jonathan Clauss has nine assists.
Lille vs Lens Prediction
Lille surprised the footballing world by winning Ligue 1 last season, but are 7th in the league this season. They have some exciting young talent like Jonathan David, Renato Sanches and Sven Botman in the squad, and it looks like Lille could be in for a big squad shake-up this summer.
David, Botman and Sanches have been three of Lille’s best players this season. Veteran stars like Burak Yilmaz and Jose Fonte have also contributed, but Lille could have major problems next season.
Lens, on the other hand, is 8th in the championship, one point behind Lille. Right-back Jonathan Clauss has been in sensational form this season and deservedly made his France debut recently. Mali midfielder Cheick Doucoure has been linked with Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur, while Ivory Coast international Seko Fofana has been one of the best midfielders in Ligue 1.
Prediction: Lille 1-0 Lens
2 for 1 new player bonus at Barstool
Lille vs Lens Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result – Lille
Tip 2: Goals Over/Under 2 Goals – Under 2 Goals
Tip 3: Lille to keep a clean sheet – Yes