Barcelona will look to keep the pressure on La Liga leaders Real Madrid by hosting Real Betis on Saturday at their temporary home of the Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys, while the Camp Nou is rearranged.
After having a disappointing start to the campaign with a goalless draw against Getafe, Barça boss Xavi will have been relieved to see his team string together three consecutive league victories before the international break.
They now come up against a Betis side who currently sit seventh in the table, following their 1-0 victory over Rayo Vallecano last time out.
Below we will describe the best live TV streaming services use to watch all the action live from wherever you are in the world.
Barcelona vs Real Betis: when and where?
Barcelona will host Real Betis at the Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys on Saturday September 16. Kick-off is set for 9 p.m. CEST local time, making it a 3 p.m. ET start, 12 p.m. PT in the US, 8 p.m. in the UK and a 5 a.m. kick-off morning AEST in Australia on Sunday.
How to watch the Barcelona vs Real Betis match online from anywhere using a VPN
If you’re unable to watch the game locally, you may need another way to watch the game – this is where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to prevent your ISP from throttling your speed on game day by encrypting your traffic. It’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network and want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and connections.
With a VPN, you can virtually change your location on your phone, tablet, or laptop to access the game. So if your Internet Service Provider or cell phone carrier has assigned you an IP address that incorrectly shows your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can correct this problem by giving you an IP address in your correct and unobscured zone. Most VPNs, like our Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPNmake it really easy to do.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in all countries where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK, and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you are streaming. You need to make sure your VPN is properly configured to prevent leaks: Even when VPNs are legal, the streaming service can terminate the account of anyone it considers to be circumventing properly enforced ban restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great VPN deals which is happening at the moment.
Live stream Barcelona vs Real Betis match in USA
This match is available to stream in the United States via ESPN Plus, which has the English and Spanish live broadcast rights for La Liga in the United States.
Live stream Barcelona vs Real Betis match in UK
The La Liga broadcast rights in the UK are owned by Viaplay, with kick-off for this match set for 8pm BST on Saturday evening.
Live stream Barcelona vs Real Betis match in Canada
For Canadian football fans, Saturday’s big game can be watched via the TSN Plus streaming service.
Live stream Barcelona vs Real Betis match in Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch this match on streaming service Optus Sport, which is showing La Liga matches live in Australia this season.
Quick Tips for Streaming La Liga Using a VPN
- With four variables in play: your ISP, your browser, your video streaming provider, and your VPN – your experience and success when streaming Spanish La Liga matches may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as the default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “Find city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after enabling your VPN and setting it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log in to your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. Otherwise, you may need to change the physical address registered with your account. Second, some smart TVs, like Roku, don’t have VPN apps that you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll need to install the VPN on your router or mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct display location.
- All the VPN providers we recommend offer helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with Smart TV services, after installing a cable network’s sports app, you will be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your email address on file for your Smart TV . This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, since both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember that browsers can often give away location despite using a VPN, so be sure to use a privacy-focused browser to connect to your services. We normally recommend Brave.