The “astronomical” search effort for missing California teenager Kiely Rodni is expected to be reduced next week, police said Monday.
Nevada County Sheriff’s Capt. Sam Brown shared the development, which came 10 days after 16-year-old Rodni went missing, from a campground party near the Prosser family campground in Truckee.
“We are entering into a more limited but ongoing search and rescue effort,” Brown told a news conference.
“We have mobilized a ton of resources to achieve this goal and I think so far we have [put] over 9,000 hours of research work, which is astronomical.
Officials said Monday that police would go into investigation mode after scouring the area north of Lake Tahoe through the air, on the ground and underwater in search of the missing teenager.
Rodni was last seen around 12:30 p.m. on August 6 at a large party with more than 100 teenagers and young adults. His silver 2013 Honda CRV has not been located and his phone has been without signal since this morning, officials said.
Police said they are still looking to speak to witnesses and review video of the party. Although no one withheld the information, some revelers had been advised by adults not to speak to the police, it was revealed at the press conference.
“If you didn’t show up, if you were there and saw something, please let us know,” Placer County Sheriff’s Office Lt. John Barnhart said.
Authorities said Monday they have pursued more than 1,200 leads in the case, all to no avail.
New York Post