A judge has dismissed one of the lawsuits Kevin Spacey is facing against Anthony Rapp, who claims the former ‘House of Cards’ star made a sexual advance on him when he was just 14.
On Monday, U.S. District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan dismissed the allegation of intentional infliction of emotional distress after attorneys for Rapp, 50, completed their presentation of evidence. According to Kaplan, elements of the claim replicate the actor’s claim that he was assaulted and assaulted.
Spacey’s attorneys argued for the case to be dismissed on the grounds that Rapp’s attorney failed to prove his claims. The alleged incident took place in the 1980s.
KEVIN SPACEY ACCUSER ANTHONY RAPP GETS EMOTIONAL AT TRIAL: ‘I KNEW I WAS NOT THE ALONE’
Kaplan said the lawsuit could proceed with the assault and battery allegations claimed by Rapp, an actor and TV regular on “Star Trek: Discovery.” Rapp was previously part of the original cast of “Rent” on Broadway.
Spacey is expected to testify later Monday.
According to Rapp, he was on Broadway’s “Precious Sons” in 1986 when he first met the Oscar-winning actor. Rapp testified that he watched TV on a bed in Spacey’s apartment after a party. He alleged that Spacey, who was fully clothed, entered the room, picked him up like a groom carries a bride, laid him on the bed and partially climbed on top of him.
Rapp claimed he managed to free himself and head for a bathroom. Before fleeing the apartment, Rapp said Spacey followed him to the door and asked if he was sure he wanted to leave.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
KEVIN SPACEY’S ACCUSER ANTHONY RAPP GRILLED AT TRIAL
Spacey was a wanted star when claims by Rapp and others abruptly derailed his career in 2017.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.