Learn more about Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis President Neel Kashkari:
- We can only relax on rate hikes when we see compelling evidence that inflation is heading towards 2%
- If inflation were at 4%, I would rather say, let’s take our time and avoid the risk of overdoing it.
- With inflation at or above 8%, we don’t want inflation expectations to lose their anchor.
- the fear behind the mind is that inflation is more entrenched higher than appreciated
- a lot of balance sheet tightening has already happened due to forward guidance
- the biggest fear is that we are misinterpreting the dynamics of underlying inflation
The USD catches a small bid. AUD, NZD, GBP, EUR all a bit lower. USD/JPY up slightly. Not much in there.
Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.