Cover image: BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI / AFP
- Attacks targeting Jabaliya refugee camp on Saturday reportedly left more than 80 dead, according to the Ministry of Health of the Gaza Strip which mentions Israeli strikes. The Israeli army said on Saturday evening that it had “received reports of an incident in the Jabaliya area”adding that this “incident was under investigation.”
- UNRWA announced Saturday evening the bombing of one of its schools in the northern Gaza Strip. Philippe Lazzarini, the commissioner general of the United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees, said on X that this was the second time in less than twenty-four hours that one of his schools had been targeted, referring to one of the attacks occurred in the Jabaliya camp on Saturday morning.
- In a column published Saturday by the American daily Washington Post, Joe Biden calls for future “reunification” of the West Bank and Gaza Strip under a “revitalized Palestinian Authority”.
- Hundreds of people left Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza on Saturday morning. The Israeli army assures that it did not give any evacuation order but that it “responded to a request” of the hospital director. On Saturday, she opened a corridor leading to this road.
- A procession to demand the release of hostages in Jerusalem. Having left Tel Aviv on Tuesday, some 25,000 people, according to the organizers, accompanied on Saturday the families of the hostages kidnapped by Hamas on October 7, to demand their return. At the beginning of the evening, the Forum of Families of Hostages and Missing Persons announced that “all families” had managed to meet Monday evening “the entire war cabinet”including Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Yoav Gallant.
- There will be no break “significant” in Gaza before the release of the hostages, assures Joe Biden’s first adviser for the Middle East. “The influx of humanitarian aid, the influx of fuel (And) a break in the fighting will take place when the hostages are freed”said Brett McGurk at the annual security forum organized by the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) in Bahrain.
- Jordan opposes any displacement of the population. Jordan and Egypt “will never allow this to happen. This would not only be a war crime, but also a direct threat to our national security.”declared the head of Jordanian diplomacy, Ayman Safadi, during the forum organized by the IISS.
- The French Minister of the Armed Forces returns to Qatar. Sébastien Lecornu is in Qatar, where he is due to meet the Prime Minister, Mohammed Ben Abderrahmane Al Thani, who is also Minister of Foreign Affairs, to discuss the issue of hostages.
- In a press release, the Israeli army justified its raid in Nablus. The Israeli military and the Shin Bet internal security service announced that Israeli forces operating in the Balata refugee camp near Nablus in the West Bank had killed militants who were planning an imminent terrorist attack against Israeli targets.
Find our direct precedent by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles on the war between Israel and Hamas
Reporting. Exfiltrated from Gaza, Franco-Palestinians still haunted by fear: “We were waiting for death all the time”
Decryption. Israel-Palestine: from the British mandate to the Oslo accords, the failure of the two-state solution in maps
Video. Who is Benjamin Netanyahu? Understand in three minutes
Decryption. The Israel-Hamas war seen by Al-Jazeera, an almost unique window of expression for Palestinians in Gaza
News. Video: who is Meyer Habib, this French MP who denies Israeli colonization
Video investigation. The fall of an Israeli shell on Al-Shifa hospital
Tribune. Israel-Palestine: “There is something broken that the two parties in the conflict are responsible for repairing together”
Reporting. In Israel, the rise of municipal militias
Cards. From the Hamas attack of October 7 to the encirclement of the city by the Israeli army
Reporting. War between Israel and Hamas fragments Palestinian Fatah
Facts. The ghost banquet in Tel Aviv, symbol of the painful wait of the families of Hamas hostages
Gn headline FR