And many Twitter users responded in the same mocking manner, essentially saying that if ‘owning the libs’ was what it took to vaccinate the country and get out of the coronavirus pandemic, so be it.
“Please get vaccinated so our governor puzzle has less reason to have silly restrictions!” Falwell, who resigned as president of the Evangelical Liberty University last year amid reports of a sex scandal, captioned this selfie on Instagram on Thursday:
“If that’s what it takes, then great lol,” one person replied.
if that’s what it takes then fine lol
– Brandy Jensen (@BrandyLJensen) April 8, 2021
* sarcastically * Oh no, Jerry Falwell Jr. got vaccinated and encourages his supporters to do the same. I feel so possessed rn. https://t.co/L2c8Dev7eW
– Morgan M (onke) McIntyre 🏳️🌈🌉🇺🇲 (@MorganMMcIntyre) April 9, 2021
We agree with Jerry Falwell Jr. Please get vaccinated to own the libs. We will thus be possessed upon attaining herd immunity. https://t.co/ziYFBHcsx9
– Blue Grass Roots (@BGR_US) April 8, 2021
In all seriousness, “Own the libs, wear a mask and then we won’t have these crazy restrictions!” was sitting there all the time and probably would have happened organically if Trump hadn’t set up an anti-mask stance https://t.co/eBDZv4tfG6
– Benjy Sarlin (@BenjySarlin) April 8, 2021