Former CNN boss Jeff Zucker has reached an eight-figure deal with WarnerMedia following his sudden departure last month, according to a report.
Zucker, who quit abruptly after failing to disclose a romantic relationship with a co-worker, would waive his right to sue his former employer under the settlement, Deadline said Tuesday.
News of the settlement came after Zucker allegedly hired a heavyweight law firm to warn WarnerMedia that CEO Jason Kilar’s characterization of his departure bordered on libel.
The media conglomerate would not be interested in another wave of bad press that might accompany a prolonged civil lawsuit, according to the article.
Zucker resigned Feb. 2 for failing to disclose his long-term relationship with Allison Gollust, a former aide to the ex-governor. Andrew Cuomo became the network’s chief spokesperson.
As CNN talent publicly questioned the decision, Kilar sent a memo saying a third-party law firm found that Zucker and Gollus violated company policies.
Lawyers found the couple had an inappropriate friendship with Cuomo, coaching him during his COVID-19 briefings and calling him to do segments with his brother, Chris Cuomo, the former star CNN anchor.
Chris Cuomo has been suspended from the network for advising Andrew to try the sexual harassment claims that ended the Democrat’s political career. Chris Cuomo was fired days later when the network caught wind of a credible sexual assault accusation against him a decade earlier, according to The New York Times.
Gollus negotiated her own $1 million settlement after she pushed back against Kilar’s statement and claimed she was caught off guard by the legal inquiry, Deadline said.
Chris Cuomo was seeking ‘Megyn Kelly money’ from the network and chasing a $60 million deal as his brother dipped his toe back into the political arena.
New York Post