IPL Auction LIVE Updates – IPL 2022 Auction LIVE: The wait is over. The IPL 2022 auction is just hours away and starts at 12pm. The IPL Board of Directors (GC) decided to auction only 161 players out of 600 on day 1 of the auction. IPL TODAY auction will open with 10 brand players which includes Shreyas Iyer, David Warner, Shikhar Dhawan, Kagiso Rabada and 6 others for sale 1st – Follow IPL 2022 Live Updates and IPL Auction Live Updates at InsideSport.IN
IPL 2022 Auction Live Updates: Cricket’s biggest payday today, bidding starts at 12 noon, follow the live updates…
IPL Auction LIVE Broadcast: Star Sports to LIVE Broadcast IPL Auction on 8 channels and 5 languages,…
IPL Auction 2022 LIVE – IPL Day1 Auction LIVE: Day 1 of the auction will begin with a set of 10 MARQUEE players which almost every franchise or IPL stakeholder agrees will be the set of MOST WANTED PLAYERS.
The 1st set will include – R Ashwin / Trent Boult / Pat Cummins / Quinton De Kock / Shikhar Dhawan / Faf DuPlessis / Shreyas Iyer / Kagiso Rabada / Mohammad Shami / David Warner.
In what order will the players be auctioned? What will the bidding process be?
- A marquee set of 10 players will open the bidding
- Other than that, players have been divided into different sets based on their specialty.
- There are 62 sets in total, including the marquee set.
- The marquee set will be followed by a full round of capped players based on specialization – hitters, allrounders, wicketkeeper-hitters, fast bowlers and spin bowlers
- IPL Auction Day 2: Uncapped players will be the LAST SET of players in the AUCTION sequence.
- Unlike the last mega auction in 2018, the IPL decided not to have the Right To Match option this time around.
- The youngest player in this auction is Noor Ahmad, a 17-year-old Afghan. A left arm wrist twist
- The oldest player in the auction is T20 veteran Imran Tahir. He was part of the victorious Chennai Super Kings team in the 2021 edition and is currently 43 years old.
Players bought by CSK (4) – 42 Crore spent / 48 Cr remaining
- Withheld: Ravindra Jadeja (16 Cr) / MS Dhoni (12 Cr) / Moeen Ali (8) / Ruturaj Gaikwad (6 Cr)
- CSK New Buys Saturday:
Players bought by RCB (3) – 33 Crore spent / 57 Cr remaining
- Withheld: Virat Kohli (15 Cr) / Glenn Maxwell (11 Cr) / Mohammed Siraj (7 Cr)
- New RCB purchases on Saturday:
Players bought by DC: 42.5 Crore spent / 47.5 Cr remaining
- Withheld: Rishabh Pants (16 Cr) / Axar Patel (9 Cr) / Prithvi Shaw (7.5 Cr) / Anrich Nortje (6.5 Cr)
- New RCB purchases on Saturday:
Players bought by SRH: 22 Crore spent / 68 Cr remaining
- Withheld: Kane Williamson (14 Cr) / Abdul Samad (4 Cr) / Umran Malik (4 Cr)
- New SRH purchases on Saturday:
Players bought by KKR: 42 Crore spent / 48 Cr remaining
- Withheld: Andre Russell (12 Cr) / Varun Chakaravarthy (8 Cr) / Venkatesh Iyer (8 Cr) / Sunil Narine (6)
- New purchases from KKR on Saturday:
Players bought by MI: 42 Crore spent / 48 Cr remaining
- Withheld: Rohit Sharma (16 Cr) / Jasprit Bumrah (12 Cr) / Suryakumar Yadav (8 Cr) / Kieron Pollard (6)
- MI New Buys Saturday:
Players bought by PBKS: 18 Crore spent / 72 Cr remaining
- Withheld: Mayank Aggarwal (12 Cr) / Arshdeep Singh (4 Cr)
- PBKS New purchases on Saturday:
Players bought by RR: 28 Crore spent / 62 Cr remaining
- Withheld: Sanju Samson (14 Cr) / Jos Butler (10 Cr) / Yashasvi Jaiswal (4 Cr)
- New RR purchases on Saturday:
Players bought by GT (Gujarat Titans): 38 Crore spent / 52 Cr remaining
- Withheld: Hardik Pandya (15 Cr) / Rashid Khan (15 Cr) / Shubman Gill (8 Cr)
- New GT purchases on Saturday:
Players bought by LSG (Lucknow Super Giants): 31 Crore spent / 59 Cr remaining
- Withheld: KL Rahul (17 Cr) / Marcus Stoinis (9.2 Cr) / Ravi Bishnoi (4 Cr)
- New purchases from LSG on Saturday:
IPL Auction LIVE Updates: 161 players will be auctioned on Day 1, Shreyas Iyer, Warner, Rabada, Dhawan and 6 others will be auctioned 1st: Follow the live updates
IPL Auction 2022 LIVE – IPL Auction Day1 LIVE: Only 161 players will be competing on Saturday. Day two will begin with an accelerated bidding process.
What is the expedited process? The expedited process will only come into play on DAY 2 of the auction, which is SUNDAY.
At the end of the first day of the auction, the franchises will be invited to nominate, among the remaining pool, the players who interest them.
These players will go under the hammer on Sunday. This process could be repeated if a franchise still wishes to name any previously unfeatured/unsold products.
When and where is the IPL 2022 auction: Contrary to various reports doing the rounds, the IPL auction on Saturday and Sunday will start at 12pm sharp. IPL franchises will meet in the auction room at 11:00 p.m. This is the 5th MEGA IPL AUCTION in 15 years.
The auction will take place at the ITC Gardenia Hotel in Bangalore.
The auction will be broadcast live on the Star Sports network in India. The official broadcaster will broadcast the auction live on 8 network channels and 5 languages.
For more details: Star Sports will broadcast the IPL auction live on 8 channels and 5 languages,…
How many players are already retained by the 10 IPL franchises and how many slots are now available? A total of 33 players are already selected by 10 IPL teams. This means that 217 slots are available at the IPL auction.
Of the 33 players capped, 10 are overseas and 5 are uncapped Indians.
How many players will be available at auction? BCCI initially said 590 players (370 Indians and 220 foreigners) would be up for grabs. This shortlist was pruned from the original list of 1,214 players based on the wishlist sent in by all ten franchises.
But InsideSport have now learned that at the request of IPL teams, BCCI have added 10 more players to the roster. Details of the same are still awaited from BCCI.
What are the minimum and maximum number of players that each team must have in their squad? Each team must have a minimum of 18 players and a maximum of 25 players in its squad.
Each team can have a maximum of eight foreign players in its line-up.
What is the auction purse for each team? Is there a salary limit for only 1 player? Each team cannot spend more than 90 Crore or less than 67.5 Cr.
No, there is no upper limit to how much a franchise can bid for 1 player. But under no condition, the player’s purse for the purchase of the total team cannot exceed the threshold of 90 Cr.
The Punjab Kings will enter the auction with the highest player purse of 72 Cr. Delhi Capitals will have the lowest amount to spend in the auction @ 47.5 Cr.
What is the lowest and highest base price? The lowest is INR 20 lakh and the highest is INR 2 crore.
According to the list released by BCCI, the ten marquee players are all tagged for INR 2 crore.
Overall, there are 48 players (17 Indian and 31 foreign) with a base price of INR 2 crore, then the base price is reduced to 1.5 crore, 1 crore, 75 lakh, 50 lakh, 40 lakh, 30 lakh and 20 lakh.
IPL Auction Day1 LIVE: Whether it’s IPL Team Remaining Players Purse, IPL Auction Rules, Total Players, Auction Player Sequence or BROADCAST and IPL Auction live stream – Check all the details: follow the IPL 2022 live updates and the IPL auction LIVE Updates on InsideSport.IN
– Advertising –