Skip to content
Israel says it will not be ‘bound’ by future deal with Iran – RT World News


Israel would continue to act against Iran as it sees fit without any “limitation”, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett says

Tel Aviv is “concerned” about the potential outcome of the Vienna talks on Iran’s nuclear program which could be unfavorable to Israel, the prime minister said, adding that his army would always act as it sees fit.

“Israel is not part of the agreements”, Bennett told Israel’s powerful Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee on Monday. Tel Aviv “Is not bound by what is written in the agreements if they are signed”, he added.

The prime minister asserted that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) will do whatever is deemed necessary to ensure Israel’s security. He will also take care to keep “Full freedom of operation anywhere and at any time, without any limitation” Bennett said.

Yet he admitted that “In terms of ‘the Vienna talks, the nuclear talks, we are indeed concerned.’ According to Israeli media, Tel Aviv fears the talks could lead to a deal it deems unacceptable or no deal at all.


The Times of Israel also reported that the IDF was “Work intensively” prepare for a possible military strike on Iranian nuclear sites in the event of such an outcome. However, he did not cite any source or data to substantiate this claim. Similar reports surfaced in Israeli media in October 2021 when IDF Chief of Staff Aviv Kohavi allegedly ordered the National Air Force to “Intensely” drill for a potential strike.

Bennett also said on Monday that the IDF was carrying out its biggest rearmament in years. The 2022 defense budget was $ 19.2 billion, a significant portion of which was reportedly spent on a potential military engagement against Iran, Israeli media reported.

“We are investing in the security rearmament of the IDF and the entire defense establishment. I would say it’s a rearmament that we haven’t seen in years. This rearmament is important for our survival ”, Bennett said.

Tehran had previously dismissed Israel’s claims as “Empty threats” but promised a harsh response in the event of an attack.

Talks on resuming the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran, which de facto collapsed after the unilateral US withdrawal under former President Donald Trump, are underway at the headquarters of the International Agency of Atomic Energy (IAEA) in Vienna. At the end of December, Iran said the talks, which have been repeatedly interrupted for various reasons, “Satisfactory progress”.

You can share this story on social media:


RT

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.