Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.
NewsWorld News

Intruder arrested twice at Robert F Kennedy Jr’s home after trying to climb fence

Nature

A man who was arrested after climbing a fence at the home of presidential candidate Robert F Kennedy Jr was arrested a second time after he immediately returned to the residence following his release.

According to Mr. Kennedy’s campaign, Mr. Kennedy’s security officials had raised concerns about this individual “multiple times in recent months” following “alarming” communications he had sent.

The incident occurred Wednesday, the campaign said in a statement. “Protectors from Gavin de Becker & Associates (GDBA) detected and arrested the intruder, who demanded to see the candidate. The intruder was turned over to LAPD,” the release said.

“After being released from police custody, the man immediately returned to the Kennedy residence and was re-arrested. The candidate was at home at the time of the two arrests.

“The GDBA has notified the Secret Service of this obsessed individual multiple times over the past several months and shared the alarming communications he sent to the candidate.”

Robert F Kennedy Jr. speaks during a campaign event at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County on October 12, 2023 in Miami, Florida

(Getty Images)

Mr. Kennedy has previously complained about the White House’s decision not to grant him official Secret Service protection. At a campaign event last month, a heavily armed man was arrested while posing as a member of his security detail.

Writing on X at the time, Mr. Kennedy said he was “the first presidential candidate in history to be denied a request for protection by the White House.” A statement released following Wednesday’s incidents echoed that sentiment.

“For several months, the campaign submitted formal requests for protection to the Secret Service, but the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Sec. Alejandro Mayorkas refused to approve the protection.

“For 55 years, every presidential administration has granted early protection to candidates who request it. The Biden administration is the only exception.

The Secret Service’s website lists who it is able to protect, including “major presidential and vice-presidential candidates and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election.”

Mr. Kennedy is the son of the late U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy, who was assassinated while campaigning for democracy in 1968.

Mr. Kennedy initially filed to run for the Democratic nomination with the FEC in April, although President Joe Biden’s allies called his campaign “unserious.” However, earlier this month he announced he would instead run as an independent candidate.

Following the announcement, Mr. Kennedy’s sister, Kerry Kennedy, issued a statement condemning his presidential bid as “dangerous” and “perilous for our country.”

Nature

independent

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button