National NewsUSA News

Indiana police attempt to identify dead 5-year-old boy found in suitcase

Indiana State Police (ISP) are continuing their efforts to identify a deceased five-year-old boy who was found locked in a suitcase in Washington County nearly a month ago.

A resident searching for mushrooms on the evening of April 16 discovered a hard-shell suitcase in a wooded area in the 7000 block of East Holder Road in southern Indiana County, the ISP reported in two press releases. Inside the suitcase, the mushroom hunter found the body of the little boy and immediately called 911.

“He is described as a black male, about four feet tall, with a slender build and a short haircut,” FAI said. Autopsy results indicated that the child was around five years old.

According to an image released by the agency, a graphic on the suitcase reads, “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada.”

On Thursday, WAVE reported that toxicology results are still pending. Authorities believe “the toxicology information will shed more light on the cause of death,” the FAI said.

In its initial statement, the agency said investigators believe the child’s death occurred within a week before the body was discovered.

On April 18, the ISP set up a toll-free tip line that had received 200 tips the next day, none of which “led to the identification of the deceased child,” the agency said. Nearly a month and 500 to 1,000 tips later, officials are still working to identify the child, ISP Sgt. Carey Huls recently told CNN.

“We’re getting a lot of people on the internet looking for missing children, which isn’t what we need right now,” he said. “We have contact with all these agencies and we always check this. We don’t have a match there.

In a conversation with WDRB last month, Huls noted:

We really want to know who he is. Because someone had to take care of him, and someone doesn’t talk. Whoever was responsible for this young man – for his care, for his well-being – no one stepped forward. Now, there are many different answers that could explain why, but for now, we need to know who this person or people were who were responsible for him so we can find out exactly what happened. And that will eventually change the direction of this investigation.

“We’re still waiting for that call that we, we’ve never gotten from somebody who knows this boy and says, you know, ‘That’s what happened’, or knows he knows this kid and that he didn’t see them,” he recently told the outlet.

Anyone with information regarding the case is asked to contact the toll-free hotline at 1-888-437-6432.


Breitbart

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button