Footage showing men trapped in a collapsed Himalayan tunnel has been released as workers hope to be rescued.
The 41 men, trapped in the tunnel for 10 days, were photographed for the first time since they were trapped.
Rescuers sent a camera into the tunnel through a pipe, showing the men wearing helmets and standing in a large cavern about 60 meters inside the mountain.
Through a loudspeaker, rescuers told the trapped men: “Don’t worry, we’ll get there quickly. Show us you’re okay.
“Slowly take the camera out (of the pipe). Show us each person’s face.”
READ MORE: ‘I live in a city with toxic air levels so bad it’s like a baby smoking 30 a day’
Workers received food, water and oxygen through these pipes after the tunnel entrance collapsed on November 12.
Indian authorities are considering ways to save the men.
So far, various plans included inserting a larger pipe into the rubble so they could climb up.
However, rescuers were unable to make their way through the debris.
They managed to insert a 53 meter (174 foot) pipe into the rubble on Monday evening, allowing essential supplies to be sent to the men.
Officials said in a statement: “Confidence in the safety of the lives of trapped workers has increased significantly.
“After this good news, there is joy and enthusiasm on the rescue front, alongside workers and their families, and there is now much hope for other rescue options.”
While a makeshift hospital is set up near the tunnel, help does not seem to be nearby.
Rescuers first tried to dig through the rubble, but it didn’t work.
After attempts to drill a hole to insert a tube through which the men could crawl failed, authorities sent a high-powered drill from New Delhi.
Last Friday, a “large-scale cracking sound” occurred when the drill was turned on. As a result, the authorities stopped the work.
The latest plan, if deployed, would see rescuers attempt to break through the rock from three different directions.