India on Thursday criticized China for trying to blame it for the stalemate in eastern Ladakh, saying the “provocative” behavior and “one-sided” attempts by the Chinese military to change the status quo along of the Real Line of Control (LAC) in the area has seriously disrupted the peace and quiet in the area. Foreign Ministry spokesman Arindam Bagchi said China continues to deploy large numbers of troops and weaponry in border areas and it is in response to Chinese actions that Indian armed forces have had to make appropriate counter-deployments.
He said China’s claims had “no factual basis” and that India expects the Chinese side to make efforts to resolve the remaining issues quickly while fully respecting bilateral agreements and protocols. India’s reaction came in response to China’s new claim that the “root cause” of the tensions between the two countries was New Delhi following a “forward-thinking policy” and “illegally” encroaching on the territory. Chinese.
Responding to a media question on China’s claims, Bagchi said India had already made its position clear on the issue days ago and rejected such statements which “have no factual basis.” “It is the accumulation of large numbers of troops by the Chinese side, their provocative behavior and their unilateral attempts to change the status quo in violation of all our bilateral agreements that have resulted in serious disturbances of the peace and tranquility along the ALC in eastern Ladakh “, he added. noted. “China continues to deploy large numbers of troops and armaments in border areas. It is in response to Chinese actions that our armed forces have had to make appropriate counter-deployments in these areas to ensure that the interests security issues are fully protected, ”he said. . He also referred to Foreign Minister S Jaishankar’s message to his Chinese counterpart at a meeting in Dushanbe earlier this month.
As the Foreign Minister stressed when meeting with the Chinese Foreign Minister earlier this month, we hope that the Chinese side will make efforts to resolve the remaining issues along the LAC in the near future. east of Ladakh while fully respecting bilateral agreements and protocols, ”Bagchi said.
A spokesman for the Chinese Foreign Ministry on Wednesday accused India of following a “forward-looking policy”. “India has long followed the advanced policy and has illegally encroached on Chinese territory across the border,” Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hua Chunying said at a press conference in responding to a question about reports that India has deployed artillery guns in eastern Ladakh.
“This is the root cause of the tensions,” Hua said. Since the border standoff last year, India has held China’s provocative actions responsible for its outbreak.
The border standoff between the Indian and Chinese military erupted on May 5 last year in eastern Ladakh following a violent clash in the Lake Pangong region. The two sides have gradually stepped up their deployment by sending tens of thousands of troops as well as heavy weapons. Following a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the disengagement process in the Gogra region last month.
In February, the two sides completed the withdrawal of troops and weapons from the northern and southern shores of Lake Pangong in accordance with a disengagement agreement. Each camp currently has approximately 50,000 to 60,000 troops along the Actual Line of Control (LAC) in the sensitive area.