Skip to content


NEW YORK – Police have identified a person of interest in connection with the chaotic rush hour attack on a Brooklyn subway on Tuesday morning, stepping up the manhunt that has so far led to no arrest.

Frank James, 62, was named a person of interest in the attack, which left at least 29 people injured, New York City Police Commissioner Keechant Sewell said at an evening news conference. Police have refrained from calling him a suspect in the shooting. He has ties to Wisconsin and Philadelphia, authorities said.

The assailant, wearing a gas mask, set off two smoke bombs before firing. He fled the Brooklyn platform in a panic, leaving a subway car filled with screaming commuters and bleeding victims. At least 10 people were shot and at least 19 others were taken to hospital with injuries ranging from smoke inhalation to shrapnel.




USA Today

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.