The Reserve Bank of New Zealand’s monetary policy statement is expected at 01:00 GMT. A 25bp spot rate hike is widely expected, with some expecting 50bp. Previews:
22:15 GMT Reserve Bank of Australia
- Participation in the panel of Michele Bullock, Deputy Governor (Financial System), on central bank digital currencies, at Women in Payments – Online
0030 GMT Japan Jibun Bank / Markit Preliminary PMI for November
Manufacturing expected 54.5, before 53.2
- Services prior to 50.7
- Composite front 50.7
- expected -3.1% q / q, before 0.8%
- There were lockdown disruptions in construction in Australia’s two most populous states during the quarter. This included full construction stoppages for two weeks.
- These data will be an entry in the economic growth (GDP) figures
0040 GMT from the Reserve Bank of Australia, plus Michele Bullock:
- Participation in the panel of Michele Bullock, Assistant Governor (Financial System), on the future of payments in Australia, at Women in Payments – Online
0100 GMT will bring Singapore’s GDP in third quarter
0100 GMT Reserve Bank of New Zealand Policy Statement (see above for overviews)
0200 GMT RBNZ Governor Orr press conference
Invest in yourself. See our forex education center.