Health

Health Department says visitor to Cincinnati tested positive for measles

A FUN SCOOP. ALL RIGHT. THANK YOU VERY MUCH, OLIVIA. NEW. TONIGHT THE CINCINNATI HEALTH DEPARTMENT IS SHARING INFORMATION ABOUT A NEW MEASLES EXPOSURE. So a visitor flew from Chicago to CVG, then took a plane to the Hyatt Regency in Cincinnati. IT WAS WEDNESDAY. LAST WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10. THE VISITOR ALSO STOPPED AT MORTON STEAKHOUSE THE SAME EVENING FOR TAKE-OUT. THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SAYS GUESTS, STAFF OR VISITORS STANDING AT ANY LOCATION BETWEEN NINE EVENING AND 11 P.M. ON APRIL 10 MAY HAVE BEEN EXPOSED. IF YOU

Department of Health says visitor to Cincinnati tested positive for measles

The Cincinnati Health Department has been notified that an out-of-town visitor to Cincinnati has tested positive for measles. According to CHD, the visitor flew from Illinois to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport and took a Lyft to the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati around 9 a.m. Wednesday, April 10 at 1 p.m. The visitor also stopped by Morton’s Steakhouse last Wednesday to order takeout. The Department of Health said all staff, guests and visitors to Hyatt after 9 p.m. on April 10, as well as anyone at Morton’s from 9 to 11 a.m. The CHD said anyone who may have been exposed and developed symptoms, including high fever, cough, runny nose, watery eyes and a rash starting three to five days after other symptoms appeared, may have been exposed to measles. must self-isolate until arrangements for testing can be made. People are also encouraged to contact the Cincinnati Health Department at 513-357-7462 for more information. Health officials also reminded people to check their immunity status, which is reliably conferred by the MMR vaccine, a part of routine childhood immunizations. The announcement of a positive measles test by a visitor Monday comes just hours after health officials said no additional cases had been reported following potential measles exposure at Heritage Bank Center last month. Additionally, CHD also reported that COVID -19 infections in the city continue to decline and are currently at a low transmission rate.

The Cincinnati Health Department has been notified that a visitor from outside the city of Cincinnati has tested positive for measles.

According to CHD, the visitor flew from Illinois to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport and took a Lyft to the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati around 9 p.m. on Wednesday, April 10.

The visitor also stopped by Morton’s Steakhouse last Wednesday to order takeout.

The Department of Health said all Hyatt staff, guests and visitors after 9 p.m. on April 10, as well as anyone at Morton’s between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. that evening, may have been exposed to measles.

The CHD said anyone who may have been exposed and developed symptoms, including high fever, cough, runny nose, watery eyes and rash starting three to five days after other symptoms appear, should self-isolate until arrangements for testing can be made.

People are also encouraged to contact the Cincinnati Health Department at 513-357-7462 for more information.

Health officials also reminded people to check their immune status, which is reliably conferred by the MMR vaccine, which is part of routine childhood immunizations.

The announcement of a positive measles test in a visitor Monday comes just hours after health officials said no additional cases were reported following potential measles exposure at the Heritage Bank Center on last month.

Additionally, CHD also reported that COVID-19 infections in the city continue to decline and the transmission rate is currently low.

News Source : www.wlwt.com
Gn Health

Back to top button