Harvey Weinstein has pleaded not guilty to sexual assault charges in Los Angeles.
The disgraced Hollywood mogul, 69, was arraigned in a wheelchair on Wednesday after losing his attempt to block extradition from New York.
Weinstein appeared in town where he made his name as a producer, charged with 11 counts of sexual assault in California involving five women.
The charges include four counts of rape and two counts of sexual violence and he faces up to 140 years in prison.
His lawyer has pleaded not guilty to all counts and said he plans to challenge three of the counts, citing the state’s statute of limitations.
Weinstein spoke briefly during the five-minute portion of the public hearing.
Judge Sergio Tapia told him “good luck Mr. Weinstein”, to which the convicted rapist replied: “Thank you very much”.
No deposit was granted.
Weinstein was flown to Los Angeles from New York City, where he is serving a 23-year sentence for rape.
The California allegations are linked to incidents that allegedly took place in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills from 2004 to 2013.
Weinstein was first indicted in Los Angeles in January 2020 as his New York trial began.
He is appealing his rape conviction in New York.
Los Angeles prosecutors have 120 days to bring Weinstein to justice under the extradition agreement.
His lawyers had fought extradition, arguing that he was in poor health.
The Oscar-winning producer’s illnesses include diabetes, extensive coronary heart disease, anemia, hypertension, obstructive sleep apnea and chronic lower back pain, they said.
Weinstein had been a feared figure in Hollywood for decades when dozens of women came forward in October 2017, alleging he assaulted them.
The accusers included prominent actresses and anonymous assistants, and the complaints ranged from improper touching to rape.
Her fall fueled the #MeToo movement, a calculation of sexual misconduct that has spread far beyond the entertainment industry.
He continues to deny all allegations of non-consensual sex.