NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Harry Styles canceled his concert at the Copenhagen Royal Arena hours after a gunman killed three people in a shopping mall near the venue in Denmark where he was due to perform.
“I am heartbroken with the people of Copenhagen”, he wrote on Twitter. “I love this city. The people are so warm and full of love.”
He added: “I’m devastated for the victims, their families and all who are suffering. I’m sorry we can’t be together. Please take care of each other.”
DENMARK MALL MERGER: SUSPECT ACTED ALONE AND INCIDENT WAS NOT TERRORISM-RELATED, COPENHAGEN POLICE SAYS
“My team and I are praying for everyone involved in the Copenhagen mall shooting. I’m in shock. I love H,” Styles added on Snapchat.
Styles is in the middle of the European leg of her ‘Love on Tour’ world tour, which kicked off in Scotland last month and ended in Portugal at the end of July.
The Royal Arena seats around 16,000 spectators and is less than a mile from where the deadly attack happened.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
Two young Danish citizens and a Russian citizen were killed on Sunday when a gunman, who likely acted alone, fired indiscriminately at random shoppers, police said on Monday.
Four people were also seriously injured in the attack on the multi-storey shopping mall on the outskirts of the city, which is near a metro station that connects to an international airport.
Copenhagen Police Chief Inspector Søren Thomassen said the suspect, identified only as a 22-year-old Dane, was arrested at the scene.
Police have since found no indications of terrorism and say the suspect had mental health issues.
The shooting took place around 5:37 p.m. and the suspect was arrested 11 minutes later, police said. A witness told Danish broadcaster TV2 that the shooter seemed “very violent and angry” and was “very proud of what he was doing”.
“It’s incomprehensible. Heartbreaking. Useless,” Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen said after the shooting. “Our beautiful and usually so safe capital was changed in a split second.”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The incident was the deadliest shot in the country since February 2015.
The Associated Press contributed to the report.