Hakim Ziyech: Paris Saint-Germain claim Chelsea document blunder canceled loan move for winger | Soccer News
Hakim Ziyech’s loan to Paris Saint-Germain from Chelsea fell apart with Ligue 1 unwilling to ratify the transfer following the late submission of documents.
PSG have appealed to the Professional Football League (LFP) Legal Committee, alleging that the Stamford Bridge side initially sent the incorrect documents after the terms of a deal were finalised.
When reported, they claim that Chelsea sent the correct documents twice but without signing. When the correct version was received, the deadline had already passed.
The LFP met Wednesday morning at 10:30 a.m. local time to study the files and discuss the file. They decided not to sign the loan.
Chelsea are yet to comment on PSG’s version of events with the French giants angered by administrative gaffes that have affected their exits, such as the temporary transfer of Ismael Gharbi to Nice.
Ziyech had passed his medical and was waiting in Paris on Tuesday to be unveiled.
How the “mess” unfolded…
Sky Sports News chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol:
“Ziyech can’t believe his transfer to PSG has failed. The player is said to be ‘incandescent’. He was messaging Todd Boehly on Tuesday night asking him to complete the deal.
“The player is still stuck in Paris and is absolutely desperate to join PSG, even willing to pay his own money to close the deal.
The turbulent Deadline Day of Hakim Ziyech
- 9:40 p.m. – PSG sends Chelsea a loan increase
- 22.46 / 22.48/ 22.49/ 22.50– PSG call Chelsea asking them to sign the loan deal first – zero response.
- 22.55 – Chelsea sends PSG a false document (not even signed)
- 22.56 – PSG send Chelsea the loan contract signed by the club and the player
- 22.58 – Chelsea replies that they have already sent a signed version which they have attached to the mail. The attached version was again a bad document (unsigned).
- 23.03 – PSG finally received the signed version from Chelsea
- 23.04 – PSG uploads the contract to the LFP system
“A source in Paris said sky sports: “Last night was an absolute disaster. Chelsea will never again darken the doors of PSG. This is not how you do business or treat a player.”
“Tuesday midday, the player arrived in Paris with all the procedure in place for a loan agreement with just a final discussion on the option to buy or not and a fee to be agreed.
“Ziyech was in the PSG offices early in the evening when he and his agent started to worry about Chelsea, but there were no signs that the deal wouldn’t happen.
“The player started texting Boehly directly asking him to hurry up, and that he was happy and was even helping the finances personally to get the deal done. Eventually it was agreed despite the ‘chaos’ “.”
Chelsea flex financial muscles…again
Sky Sports’ Nick Wright:
“Having spent north of £300million, more than five times as much as any other Premier League club, Chelsea have better hopes they are winners. Todd Boehly’s assault on the transfer market demands a scrutiny, but what is certain is that their team is considerably stronger for it.
“A record UK contract of £106.8 million for Enzo Fernandezafter a long transfer saga, capped another extraordinary window for the Blues, with the Argentine one of the eight New faces.
The spending spree takes their spending for the season to over £600m and leaves head coach Graham Potter with selection headaches all over the pitch, but fans have plenty to be excited about then as Chelsea prepare for the second half of the campaign.
Premier League record purchases
- Enzo Fernandez – Benfica to Chelsea, January 2023 – £106.8m
- Jack Grealish – Aston Villa to Manchester City, summer 2021 – £100m
- Romelu Lukaku – Inter Milan to Chelsea, summer 2021 – £97.5m
- Romelu Lukaku – Everton to Manchester United, Summer 2017 – £90m
- Paul Pogba – Juventus to Manchester United, Summer 2016 – £89m
- Mykhailo Mudryk – Shakhtar Donetsk to Chelsea, January 2022 – £88.5m
“Mykhailo Mudrykan £88.5million signing from Shakhtar Donetsk, was electrifying on his debut against Liverpool, while Joao Felix The performance against Fulham – before the dismissal that marred him – showed he could have a transformative impact too.
« Noni Madueke hopes to showcase his immense talent, with his £29m arrival from PSV Eindhoven outfitting Chelsea with a brand new front three, while Benoit Badiashile has already integrated defense and great things are expected for Andrei Santos, Malo Gusto and David Datro Fofana.
“The finances are mind-boggling. The long contracts too. But the prevailing feeling amongst the fans is one of excitement and that’s understandable.”