A nationwide survey released by the American Action Network (AAN), a nonprofit organization closely tied to the House GOP leadership, showed that House Republicans’ “commitment to America” is hugely popular among likely voters in battlegrounds and conservative congressional districts.
The survey found that key elements of Republican policy proposals enjoy broad support across the country in battleground and conservative congressional districts by double-digit margins, according to a news release.
Last week, House Republicans rolled out the “Pledge to America,” a “core group of policies that fit on a pocket card designed to help them and their candidates effectively communicate the vision of the GOP in the midterm elections,” as reported by Breitbart News.
A network of 39% of Americans in conservative districts and a network of 22% of Americans in battleground districts agree that Democrats in Congress have no plan to fix inflation. Additionally, a 30% net in conservative districts and a 22% net in battleground districts also agree that Democrats’ reckless spending is a key reason “life has become unaffordable.”
On economic issues, many respondents in conservative and battleground districts also said they were likely to support a candidate who supports many policies in Republicans’ “commitment to America.”
- Bringing supply chains back from China: 61% conservative/47% battleground
- End wasteful spending: 46% in Conservatives/22% in Battlegrounds
- Rollback of oil and gas restrictions to lower gas prices: 41% in conservative mode / 21% in battleground
- Hold prosecutors accountable to ensure they prosecute criminals: 40% in Tories/21% in Battlegrounds
- Hire more police: 37% in Conservatives / 24% in Battlegrounds
- Securing the border: 60% in the conservatives / 41% in the battlefield
- Protecting Girls’ Sport: 41% Conservative/24% Battleground
- Parents’ Bill of Rights to Ensure Transparency in Education: 39% Conservative / 14% Battleground
AAN President Dan Conston said, “Leader McCarthy’s Pledge to America is a roadmap for substantive, common-sense proposals that will transform our country.”
“The ideas in this plan are generating broad support among Americans of all stripes because they will revive the economy, restore public safety and reduce costs for working families,” Conston added.
The surveys were conducted by American Viewpoint and Meeting Street in battleground congressional districts from July 8-13 and in safe Republican congressional districts from July 8-11.
The sample size in the battleground districts was 1,073 likely voters with a margin of error of 3%. In safe GOP districts, there were 1,200 likely voters with a 2.8 percent margin of error. Both have a 95% confidence level.
Jacob Bliss is a reporter for Breitbart News. Write to him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @JacobMBliss.