Man with bow and arrows kills five in Norway, police say
A man with a bow and arrow killed five people and injured two others in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg in a series of attacks on Wednesday. This is according to the head of the local police, Oeyvind Aas. “I can unfortunately confirm that five people were killed and two are injured. One of the injured is a policeman who was in the store, outside of his working hours, where the incident happened. He is now in hospital, as was the other injured person. It was too early to know the intentions behind the attack. Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg said police were investigating whether it was a act of terrorism. ”After the attacks, police officials said they ordered officers across the country to carry firearms as a precaution. She added that there had been no change in the level of the national threat so far. Norwegian police are not normally armed, but officers have access to firearms and rifles when needed. Wednesday’s attack was the worst in Norway since 2011, when a far-right extremist killed 77 people, mostly teenagers, in a youth camp.