MADISON COUNTY, Alabama – Madison County Commissioner Tom Brandon and Solid Waste Disposal have teamed up to host a handle-with-care collection day for residents of Madison County.
They will be picking up trash on November 2 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the County Shed located at 9467 Moores Mill Road in New Market.
Products like paint, transmission fluid, and weed killers all contain toxic chemicals that can be harmful to your family and the environment if not disposed of properly.
This will be a free drive-thru with workers taking items from your car.
Items that will be collected:
- Paint and related products: oil or water-based paints, mineral spirits, turpentine and thinners, furniture strippers, paint strippers, stain spray
- Automotive products: transmission fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze, car batteries and used engine oil
- Lawn and garden poison: weed killers, liquids, powders, sprays, soils, herbicides, pesticides, fungicides, rodent poisons and roach / flea powder
- Household cleaners: oven cleaner, toilet cleaner, disinfectants, drain cleaners, carpet and upholstery cleaners, floor and furniture polishes, ammonia or bleach products
- Old televisions and computers: televisions, computers, computer monitors
- Household chemicals: acids, pool chemicals, photographic chemicals, solvents, household batteries, mercury thermometers, thermostats, fluorescent lamps (CFLs and linear)
If you have any additional questions, contact the District 1 office (256) 828-0726.
Suggest a correction