Extra Crunch Live 2.0 is out next week! Among several improvements, we’re excited to speed up the Pitch Deck teardown.
In short, people can submit their presentations to get feedback from investors and founders.
The importance of the pitch deck cannot be understated. It is often the first point of contact between a company and venture capitalists, but how investors consume a pitch deck (and what they really think) is also a bit of a black box.
Do they flip through the slides quickly or are they taking their time? Do they prefer more information about the team or the industry background? More numbers or more words? How many slides is the correct number of slides?
There are too many questions to count and often very few answers. But we’re blowing the lid off that black box with the Pitch Deck Teardown. We’ve done Pitch Deck teardowns at events like Disrupt and Early Stage 2020, and this year we’re taking it up a notch.
Anyone can submit their presentation and hear what our guests, the industry’s technology leaders, have to say about them. (Important note: Extra Crunch members will be prioritized on the list of decks we choose to show during the episode.)
We recently shared what you can expect from Extra Crunch Live in 2021. Here’s a reminder:
- Series A – Find out how others have raised funds! We will have a dedicated segment to hear the founding / investor duos explaining the Series A pitch deck that led to the investment.
- Pitch Deck teardowns – People will have the opportunity to submit their pitch decks and get feedback from our guests, who will include VCs and Founders (you can submit their pitch decks here!).
- Live pitch-offs – Audience members can raise their hands to practice their pitch in front of the audience and get real-time feedback from VCs.
- Networking !! – Extra Crunch membership is a community. ECL will be the opportunity to meet your fellow spectators, even in a virtual environment. Who knows? Maybe you will meet your next co-founder or investor!
- Consistency – ECL will always be at 12 p.m. PT / 3 p.m. ET Wednesday. When it comes to your schedule, set it and forget about it.
We will be announcing all of the speakers who will be joining us in February tomorrow! Stay tuned!