Skip to content

An actress obtained the indictment for alleged rape of Gérard Depardieu after the investigation, closed by the prosecution in June 2019, was relaunched by an investigating judge. The French actor remains free without judicial control.

More than two and a half years after her complaint against Gérard Depardieu, an actress in her twenties obtained the indictment of the sacred monster of French cinema for two “rapes” which date from August 2018, which the actor disputes. The complainant had obtained in August 2020 that this investigation, first closed by the Paris prosecutor’s office in June 2019, be relaunched and entrusted to an investigating judge.

On the record, she accused the actor of two rapes and sexual assault which allegedly took place at the star’s Parisian home, a private mansion in the 6th arrondissement, on August 7 and 13, 2018.

Gérard Depardieu left free without judicial control

During an interrogation on December 16, the magistrate considered that there were “serious or concordant indications” that the actor, now aged 72, may have committed the facts denounced and therefore put him in charge. examination for “rape” and “sexual assault”, according to a relative of the file quoted by AFP. The information revealed on February 23 was confirmed by a judicial source. The actor’s lawyer, Hervé Témime, contacted by AFP, “deplored that this information was made public.” The lawyer also specified that Gérard Depardieu, who was left free without judicial control, “completely disputes the facts with which he is accused”.

This new status of indictment gives the actor the opportunity to actively defend himself during the proceedings but poses the threat of a possible trial against him. The actress had initially lodged a complaint by going to the gendarmerie of Lambesc (Bouches-du-Rhône) shortly after the facts. According to a source familiar with the matter, the actor is a friend of the victim’s family. “There was absolutely nothing professional about it,” said this source, when the press had initially mentioned a theater rehearsal. The legal proceedings against the French actor had been repatriated to Paris.

On June 4, 2019, the public prosecutor had, however, dismissed its nine months of preliminary investigation, explaining that “the numerous investigations carried out” had “not made it possible to characterize the offenses denounced in all their constituent elements”. A confrontation between the star and the complainant, never heard of so far, had notably taken place in the premises of the Paris judicial police, a source familiar with the matter told AFP.


Source link