Reuters, citing a draft
The global minimum tax has been in the works for some time, so it’s no surprise. I could see this impacting capital flows over time, but it’s hard to see it in a negotiable way, especially with much of the implementation (and loopholes) still unknown.
Other project titles:
- The leaders will guarantee “a stable and uninterrupted supply of energy”
- End international public funding for newly constructed coal-fired power generation abroad by the end of 2021
- Will do their best to stop building new coal-fired power generation relentlessly “in the 2030s”
- Commit to phase out inefficient fossil fuels “in the medium term”
- Recognize “the key importance of achieving zero net global greenhouse gas emissions by mid-century”
The irony of Biden and others pushing for more pumping of oil and gas at the same time should not be lost on anyone.
Invest in yourself. See our forex education center.