Fury vs Whyte: Frank Warren slams ‘shameful’ Whyte after skipping Wembley press conference

F

Warren called Dillian Whyte’s decision not to attend Tuesday’s press conference ahead of his huge all-British WBC heavyweight title clash with Tyson Fury in April “shameful”.

Whyte opted to stay at his training camp in Portugal while Fury and Warren opened the round of pre-fight pressers at Wembley.

World champion Fury took the opportunity to frequently criticize his next opponent, leading a confrontation with an image of Whyte on a poster promoting the event.

After months of endless negotiations, Fury’s co-promoter Warren won the purse bid in January with a $41 million bid, beating Whyte’s promoter Eddie Hearn, who was the only other bidder.

Fury is now set to receive 80% of the purse and Whyte the remaining 20%.

“We checked all the boxes and he signed the contract – last minute – and now he’s trying to renegotiate,” Warren said.

“He earns eight times more than Tyson when he fought (Wladimir) Klitschko. Dillian Whyte is in Portugal, it’s shameful. He should be here, it’s madness!”

“I thought he would have come here to be part of the big boxing thing,” Fury added. “He’s never been involved in a fight of this magnitude and probably never will be again.

“For him to not be here and be a part of this is ruining his legacy.”

The fight will take place at Wembley Stadium in London on April 23.

Additional PA Reports


standard Sport

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button