Bitcoin mining games are mainly for educational and entertainment purposes. They teach users about mining rigs, processes, and how to start and grow businesses – solid background information on how Bitcoin mining works.
3 Popular Bitcoin Mining Games
Under certain circumstances, these games also offer the opportunity to earn a small stake in the Bitcoin cryptocurrency. Here are three of the most popular bitcoin mining games right now.
RollerCoin is one of the most popular Bitcoin mining games, with over 200,000 registrations and thousands of people playing it daily. This is a bitcoin mining simulation game that allows users to earn bitcoin with no upfront cost – new users can earn Satoshi for free right away.
A Satoshi is a term given to a fraction of a Bitcoin. Technically, 1 Satoshi is equal to 0.00000001 Bitcoin.
By playing and winning games, users receive rewards that are instantly transferable to an external wallet. Users can also choose to upgrade their virtual mining equipment and operations to increase their overall rewards.
Additionally, those who play the RollerCoin game can earn several different crypto assets, including:
Finally, to earn even more with RollerCoin, users can invite their friends to the game and redeem the rewards for their activity. When a user invites another to play, RollerCoin will distribute 25% of the new user’s mining rewards and 15% of their in-game purchases to the sender of the invitation.
The game of RollerCoin is both fun and challenging. It simulates what it takes to set up a real mining setup as well as the issues that arise along the way.
RollerCoin is useful for teaching people to understand the intricacies of Bitcoin mining operations. It also incentivizes its users through monetary rewards, unique events, and prizes.
Inactive crypto miner
Crypto Idle Miner is a simulation game that allows users to virtually mine up to 50 cryptos and altcoins. It is available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Players can create their own bitcoin mining rigs and start crypto companies, reinvesting what they have earned. There is also an in-game leaderboard that rewards players who perform well.
The game teaches the basics and training of crypto mining, but it is primarily for entertainment purposes. The only crypto token users can actually earn using the Crypto Idle Miner app is the HORA token. However, this is going to be switched to BSC, a Binance pegged token, which is more stable for trading and is pegged to USD.
Bitcoin Miner is another simulation game where education and earning rewards intersect. It teaches the basics of growing a crypto-mining farm. Players must make strategic decisions to operate and manage their own virtual mining farm.
Recently, players can earn real Bitcoin by claiming in-app rewards through a partnership with Zebedee. Users earn rewards by playing and can redeem Bitcoins by doing the following:
- Download the Zebedee app and claim a Gamertag.
- Next, go to the Bitcoin Miner app and select “Cash Out” at the top of the screen.
- Choose “Exchange” and receive the earned Bitcoin.
Bitcoin mining games are a fun way to learn about the world of crypto, and they offer the chance to earn some crypto, albeit in very small amounts. Anyone trying out new games should watch out for red flags, such as a deposit required to play a bitcoin mining game, as crypto scams are more prevalent than ever.
Bitcoin Mining Games FAQ
- Can you earn bitcoins by playing games?
- Yes. Although the amounts are usually very small, it is possible to earn bitcoin by playing games.
- Which games give you bitcoins?
- RollerCoin and Bitcoin Miner are games that distribute bitcoin rewards to players.
- Can I mine bitcoin for free?
- Actual bitcoin mining requires large amounts of computing power and energy resources which can be extremely expensive. Bitcoin mining games, however, can reward users without any type of investment.
- Can I mine bitcoin?
- You cannot mine one bitcoin at a time because bitcoins are mined in blocks. There are 6.25 bitcoins in each block.
- As the current price of a bitcoin hovers around $20,000, it would be almost impossible to get that much crypto from bitcoin mining games.
This article originally appeared on GOBankingRates.com: Free Bitcoin Mining Games: Learn and Earn
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.