Skip to content
Former Minnesota soldier pleads guilty to texting himself nude photos from woman’s phone

On Wednesday, a former Minnesota state soldier pleaded guilty to texting himself intimate photos from a woman’s cell phone after she was allegedly involved in an alleged DWI crash.

Albert Kuehne, 37, was initially charged with two counts of stalking that could have resulted in a five-year prison sentence.

But Kuehne pleaded guilty in Hennepin County District Court to a lesser charge of the misdemeanor of non-consensual dissemination of private sex images and accepted two years of probation.

A 25-year-old woman crashed her car on March 25 last year in Minneapolis, near Cedar Avenue and Interstate 94, according to a criminal complaint viewed by NBC News. The woman was detained as a DWI suspect before being taken to hospital for treatment.

The woman’s cell phone is synced with her Macbook, prosecutors said.

After being released from the hospital, the driver’s boyfriend saw in the synced Macbook that his cell phone had been checked and he sent instant messages “containing nude photos of the victim to an unknown phone”, according to the complaint. .

“The victim’s boyfriend contacted the unknown phone number and the person on the other end of the line eventually identified himself as the accused,” the complaint states.

A soldier video from the scene of the March 25 accident showed the woman being driven to a police car and Kuehne ordering her to “give me your phone,” according to the complaint.

When three photos were sent from her phone, and as the woman was being treated by paramedics, “it appears the accused was alone in the police car at the time,” the complaint states.

“The images in question show the victim naked or partially naked. Two of the photos show the victim’s exposed breasts,” the complaint continues. “The victim was questioned. She denied giving the accused permission to access her phone.”

Kuehne, who lives in Dayton, Minnesota, was put on administrative leave in May last year and fired four months later. His lawyer could not be reached immediately for comment on Thursday.

Source link