After taking a week off for the All-Star break, which proved particularly memorable for Claude Girouxthe Leaflets back on the ice to start the last 37 games of the 2021-22 season. Giroux will certainly be in the limelight in the coming weeks leading up to the trade deadline, as some potential changes begin to take place. For now, there are more games to play, although the Flyers return with a relatively light schedule to start.
Their first game back from break comes at home against the Detroit Red Wings Wednesday night.
Game time is 7 p.m.
|Philadelphia Flyers||generalist||g||A||P||Detroit Red Wings||generalist||g||A||P|
|Cam Atkinson||45||17||19||36||Dylan Larkins||42||23||21||44|
|Claude Giroux||42||15||20||35||Tyler Bertuzzi||39||22||18||40|
|Travis Konecny||43||8||17||25||Lucas Raymond||47||11||24||35|
|Joel Farabee||33||11||seven||18||Moritz Seider||47||4||25||29|
|James van Riemsdyk||45||11||seven||18||Philippe Hronek||45||4||19||23|
Derick Brassard returns to the lineup for the first time since Jan. 6. Brassard has been injured several times this season. He was injured on November 23 and attempted a comeback on December 8, only to be out of the lineup again afterwards. He attempted to return again on January 8, then exited mid-game. Coming into play on November 23, Brassard had four goals and seven assists for 11 points in 16 games.
Dylan Larkins was Detroit’s only All-Star and is looking to pick up where he left off before the break. Larkin had points in three straight games, including three goals, to bring his season tally to 44 on the season.
Carter Hart will get the start for the Flyers. Hart was excellent in his final start before the break, making 32 saves on 33 shots in a 3-1 win over Winnipeg. Hart has now won back-to-back games after an eight-game losing streak.
Alex Nedeljkovic departs for Detroit. Nedeljkovic made 40 saves on 43 shots in a loss to the Kings last Wednesday in the final game before the break. He has just one win in his last six starts.
Flyers Scratches: Sean Couturier (injury), Ryan Ellis (injury), Nate Thompson (injury), Kevin Hayes (injury), Patrick Brown (injury), Joel Farabee (injury), Wade Allison (injury), Kevin Connauton (injury) good health)
Red wing forfeits: Troy Stecher (injury), Mitchell Stephens (injury), Carter Rowney (injury), Nick Leddy (injury), Givani Smith (healthy)
- Circulars: With Brassard back in the lineup, there are a few changes to the forward. Morgan Frost and Jackson Cates remained in the minors after being sent off during the break. Isaac Ratcliffe was brought back and will play on the fourth line. Brassard will center the third line. Cam York also remained in the minors after the break, so pseudo Seeler will be back in the defensive lineup.
- Red wings: No planned changes to Detroit’s lineup.
- Power play: Flyers (30th), Red Wings (27th)
- Penalty Kill: Flyers (20th), Red Wings (22nd)
- Recent History vs. Red Wings
- February 3, 2020 – Flyers 3, Red Wings 0 (at DET)
- November 29, 2019 – Flyers 6, Red Wings 1 (at PHI)
- Leaders of the Flyers vs. Red Wings
- Claude Giroux – 25 GP, 7 G, 19 A, 26 P
- Cam Atkinson – 35 GP, 17 G, 12 A, 29 P
- Oskar Lindblom – 5 GP, 3 G, 1 A, 4 P
- Carter Hart – 4 GP, 4-0-0, 2.24 GAA, 0.931 SV%
- Milestone watch
- Travis Sanheim needs one point to reach 100 for his career.
- Derick Brassard needs two goals to reach 200 for his career.
- Claude Giroux needs seven points to reach 900 for his career.
where to watch
Television: NBC Sports Philadelphia
Radio: Circular distribution network
Kevin Durso is the Flyers Insider for 97.3 ESPN and the Flyers Editor for SportsTalkPhilly.com. Follow him on Twitter @Kevin_Durso.
Philadelphia Flyers uniforms through the years