Florence strangulation suspect released on $150,000 bail, court records show

LAUDERDALE COUNTY, Ala. (WHNT) – Online court documents show that a Florence man, facing multiple counts of domestic violence – including repeatedly strangling an unconscious woman – has been released from jail.

Donald Eugene “Tre” Srygley, 32, was arrested May 30 and charged with three counts of domestic violence strangulation/suffocation, one count of attempted domestic violence strangulation/suffocation, two counts of threatening third degree domestic violence, third degree domestic violence/third degree assault and two counts of interfering with a domestic violence emergency call.

Court records show he was released from jail nine days later on $150,000 bond.

In the deposition, the victim said she and Srygley, 32, were together in a vehicle when he pulled a knife on her. She says he then drove her to a deserted area of ​​Waterloo, where he strangled her three times, and each time until she passed out.

Court records continue with the victim stating that Srygley threatened to kill her and took her phone so she couldn’t call for help.

The victim reported that while they were outside the vehicle, Srygley made her stand up, asked her a question and knocked her down after she answered. This is the point where the victim believes his jaw was broken, the report says. Court documents say her jaw was bruised and swollen and she could not fully open her mouth while being questioned by authorities days after the incident.

Four days after the first alleged attack, according to a report, the victim said Srygley was able to get his hands on her phone and saw text messages where she had confided in a friend about the initial incident a few days later. early.

Srygley then drove the victim back to Waterloo and stopped the vehicle in the area of ​​25465 County Road 14. This is when the victim said Srygley pulled him out of the vehicle, put a gun on him which she believed to be a gun in her back, and forced her to walk.

According to court records, Srygley pointed the gun in her face, telling her he was “going to kill her and dump her body in Waterloo where it would not be found.”

Srygley took his phone again and left it on the side of the road, according to the deposition.

The victim reported that Srygley again tried to strangle him, but she managed to block him before passing out. Court documents say the victim had bruises and knots on the back of his head where he had “been struck repeatedly with fists and guns”.

A warrant was issued for Srygley’s arrest and was executed on May 30. He was arrested and taken to Lauderdale County Jail.

According to Lauderdale County Assistant District Attorney Angie Hamilton, a condition of Srygley’s release states he cannot have any contact with the victim.

Hamilton added that Srygley waived his right to a preliminary hearing on June 14 in order to move the case forward more quickly. She says the district attorney’s office is working to get the case to a grand jury as soon as possible.


Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button