The Australian has struggled with the former champions, despite teammate leading last year Lando Norris in a one-two finish at the Italian Grand Prix for McLaren’s first win since 2012.
Norris, 22, has consistently outplayed his 33-year-old teammate and is on a long-term contract.
“There have been a lot of rumors around my future in Formula 1, but I want you to hear it from me,” Ricciardo told his 7.2 million Instagram followers.
“I’m committed to McLaren until the end of next year and I’m not stepping away from the sport.
“I appreciate that it hasn’t always been easy, but who wants easy! I’m working hard with the team to make improvements and get the car back to where it needs to be. I always want that more than Rendez-vous at Le Castellet.
The French Grand Prix will take place on July 24.
Ricciardo joined McLaren from Renault, now Alpine, in 2021 with seven wins to his name – all from his previous stint at Red Bull – and a reputation as one of the sport’s great figures.
Monza win aside, it didn’t work out as expected.
He finished eighth overall last year with 115 points, two places behind Norris on 160.
This season he has scored 17 points in 11 races so far, with a best result of sixth in Melbourne to his teammate’s 64.
Oscar Piastri, a highly regarded Formula 2 champion last year and now an Alpine reserve, is meanwhile waiting for his chance with former F1 driver Mark Webber to manage his interests.
He has been linked with Williams but the media after last weekend’s Austrian Grand Prix, where Ricciardo finished ninth, suggested Piastri could end up replacing his compatriot.
McLaren also tested other potential candidates, including IndyCar’s Pato O’Ward and Colton Herta. They also just added reigning IndyCar champion Alex Palou to their roster.
McLaren boss Zak Brown said earlier in the season that Ricciardo had failed to live up to expectations. He later clarified the comments to say his relationship with the Australian “has never been better”.
Additional Reuters reports