Ex-Boston Uber driver charged in cold sex assault investigation

Local

Police say the sexual assault charges date back to 2017.

A former Boston Uber driver and Hyde Park resident was arrested Friday on multiple sexual assault charges.

On Friday morning, William Mancortes, 43, was taken into custody on numerous sexual assault charges dating back to 2017.

According The Boston Globe, members of the Boston Police Fugitive Unit, Sexual Assault Unit, and Milton Police arrested Mancortes on five outstanding Boston City Court warrants.

Mancortes’ charges include two counts of rape and one count of indecent assault and bodily harm to a person 14 or older. He also had a warrant out of Quincy District Court for aggravated rape and kidnapping.

Mancortes also faces indecent assault and assault charges in Quincy District Court related to an incident while working as an Uber driver last year.

The Boston Police Sexual Assault Kit Initiative Program assisted in the arrest of Mancortes, investigators said. Police said the findings of the kit could lead to new charges as detectives continue their investigations.

An Uber spokesperson told NBC Boston, “These allegations are excruciating and the suspect was banned from the Uber platform years ago. We take reports of this nature very seriously and have cooperated with law enforcement in their investigation.

Mancortes was to be arraigned Friday in Boston Municipal Court. Boston police are still investigating the allegations. Anyone with information can call the CrimeStoppers information line at 1-800-494-TIPS or text the word “TIP” to 27463.



Boston

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button