By viewing what is owed on the data record as a screenshot of the ForexLive calendar, you can access it here to learn more.
- The times in the leftmost column are GMT.
- The numbers in the far right column are the “previous” result (previous month). The number in the column next to that, where is a number, is what the expected mdeian consensus is.
- The red arrows are my highlight of the important things to watch out for.
- Also, find out more about upcoming Fed speakers: Upcoming Federal Reserve speakers on Wednesday, October 13, 2021 (FOMC minutes also)
There is a skewed upside risk to the CPI numbers due to the continued rise in new and used vehicle prices and housing costs. In their preview, Scoita highlights the vehicles in particular:
- when combined, used and new vehicle prices are expected to add 0.2-0.3% m / m to the core CPI even before we turn to other considerations. Then take that for the core CPI which is around 79% of the total CPI to get a total vehicle contribution to core CPI inflation of around 0.3-0.4% m / m. If this tracking of vehicle prices translates well into the CPI, it is also likely that the related category of auto insurance premiums will not recur as one of the top three downsides to the US CPI in August.
Invest in yourself. See our forex education center.