ECB Insider: I would support another 50 BP hike, unless…

There is a report from Econostream Media that an ECB insider is speaking. Specifically, the anonymous source says:

  • I support another 50bp hike in May unless the economy or core HICP softens
  • NO doubt we are still in tightening mode
  • in no rush to decide our next move, can wait until the time comes
  • Not much of a 50bp hike as real interest rates are clearly negative
  • Terminal rate of 4.5% only if inflation turns out to be unexpectedly persistent

You can read the full report HERE:


Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button