DECATUR, Ala. (WHNT) – A Decatur man is facing multiple charges after he drove drunk and crashed his car near a gas station on Wednesday, police say.
Decatur Police say they were called to the Phillips 66 gas station on Gordone Terry Parkway around 10 p.m. regarding a drunk driver.
Officials said when officers arrived they found Curtis Lee Pickett, 34, of Decatur, and discovered he had crashed his car near a ditch on the Phillips 66 property. Officers arrested Pickett for driving under the influence.
Pickett was found in possession of a quantity of fentanyl and cocaine, according to Decatur police. They added during the investigation that they also found methamphetamine, synthetic marijuana, Xanax, marijuana and drug paraphernalia in Pickett’s possession.
He faces the following charges:
- Cocaine trafficking
- Illegal drug trafficking (fentanyl)
- Illegal possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine)
- Illegal possession of a controlled substance (synthetic marijuana)
- First degree possession of marijuana
- Illegal possession of prescription drugs
- Illegal possession of drug paraphernalia
Pickett was taken to Morgan County Jail and booked in lieu of $26,100 bond.
Suggest a fix