Dillian Whyte will not attend Tyson Fury fight launch before heavyweight title clash | boxing news


Dillian Whyte will not attend Tuesday’s ticket launch event before his fight with Tyson Fury.

Whyte will remain at his training camp in Portugal as he prepares for the WBC heavyweight title fight against Fury at Wembley on April 23.

Fury is expected to speak to the media in London on Tuesday afternoon ahead of the next clash with his British rival.

Last week the heavyweight duo narrowly beat the deadline to sign their contracts for the highly anticipated fight, which will see Fury fight in England for the first time since 2018.

Please use Chrome browser for more accessible video player

Todd DuBoef has confirmed that the heavyweight bout between Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte will take place on April 23 at Wembley Stadium.

Whyte, who holds the interim WBC title after a rematch win over Alexander Povetkin, will challenge Fury for the right to become WBC heavyweight champion.

The Brixton man earned his mandatory WBC title after knocking out Povetkin in the fourth round last March, while Fury retained his WBC belt with an 11th-round knockout of Deontay Wilder in October.

Whyte previously told Sky Sports he was not concerned about the date and venue of the Fury fight: “Where they want the fight, when they want the fight, I don’t care.

“I’ve been trying to fight him for a long time. I’ve been ready to fight him for a long time. I just want to fight him for the world title now.”

Please use Chrome browser for more accessible video player

Dillian Whyte has shown in the past that he has heavy hands that can knock out any heavyweight. Should Tyson Fury fear him?

After confirmation that the fight had taken place, Fury posted a video on Instagram promising to give Whyte maximum respect in his preparations for the fight.

“I’m about to go completely off social media for the next eight and a half weeks,” Fury said. “I’m going to go to training camp to give Dillian Whyte all the respect he needs.

“I will never underestimate anyone in my life and I will give this man all the respect he deserves as the number one ranked WBC heavyweight challenger in the world today.”




Sky Sports

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button